Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app & FR question

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex app & FR question

@CS800 wrote:

In my experience. I applied for the Zync and the Platinum within 24 hours and only one HP was used. I always thought it would be two if it was a different day.

Well, that would validate what Andy said about one inq only if it's the same type of cc. Zync and Plat are both charges. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 21 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

In my experience. I applied for the Zync and the Platinum within 24 hours and only one HP was used. I always thought it would be two if it was a different day.

Well, that would validate what Andy said about one inq only if it's the same type of cc. Zync and Plat are both charges. Smiley Happy

I have to look for it but someone posted on here that they did a charge and a revolver app the same day and it was one HP.

Message 22 of 31
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I would just skip the Zync and apply for the Costco True Earnings. If you don't get the Costco card, you'll know right away (in-store), and you can apply for Zync if necessary. That way you don't end up with 2 cards when you really just want the 1. 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 23 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

I would just skip the Zync and apply for the Costco True Earnings. If you don't get the Costco card, you'll know right away (in-store), and you can apply for Zync if necessary. That way you don't end up with 2 cards when you really just want the 1. 

Actually, you can't do that. If you're denied any Amex, you have to wait at least 30 days to apply for a different one. Smiley Sad

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 24 of 31
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@JustMe77 wrote:

Actually, you can't do that. If you're denied any Amex, you have to wait at least 30 days to apply for a different one. Smiley Sad

Would that really be the worst thing though? You'll have another inquiry, but I would still rather try for Costco first and risk it. If you end up with 2 accounts instead of the 1 you want, you are just decreasing your AAoA. 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 25 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@JustMe77 wrote:

Would that really be the worst thing though? You'll have another inquiry, but I would still rather try for Costco first and risk it. If you end up with 2 accounts instead of the 1 you want, you are just decreasing your AAoA. 

Well, I'm hoping for backdating, so it would help my AAOA. Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 31
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Nope, nothing to do with the type, Many of us did a charge and revolver in one day for a single pull.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Nope, nothing to do with the type, Many of us did a charge and revolver in one day for a single pull.

Well, maybe it's just the luck of the draw. It seems like some get 1 and others get 2. And some people even get pulls from more than one CRB. Smiley Frustrated

I'm still undecided. Costco is having an Amex drive/promo next week at my local store, so maybe I'll try then. If nothing else, I'll get a coffee mug and my credit score. Smiley Surprised No, seriously, all I really want is the card! Smiley Tongue If there's a chance I'll get 2 pulls, then I'm thinking about skipping the Zync. Dont know. I keep going back and forth. Smiley Frustrated

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

You won't get a FR for submitting two apps on the same day.    If you do this repeatedly for months at a time, closing and reopening cards, etc..., then you will get FR'd.

+1 They call it churning. Also adding AU's who use the card primarily while barely any usage showing on primary card. Also suspicious reoccurring payments going to a paypal account and then using those funds to pay the current card balance. Also intentionally paying more than the balance so that Amex cut's you a check after statement cuts. 

So esesntially avoid all that and you shouldn't have to be concerned about F/R

Message 29 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

You won't get a FR for submitting two apps on the same day.    If you do this repeatedly for months at a time, closing and reopening cards, etc..., then you will get FR'd.

+1 They call it churning. Also adding AU's who use the card primarily while barely any usage showing on primary card. Also suspicious reoccurring payments going to a paypal account and then using those funds to pay the current card balance. Also intentionally paying more than the balance so that Amex cut's you a check after statement cuts. 

So esesntially avoid all that and you shouldn't have to be concerned about F/R

Well, none of those things are in my plans! Smiley Very Happy. People do get creative, don't they?! Smiley Surprised

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.