Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex cli

I just posted my experience with this. Take a look. Hope it helps. 

-PointsYoda

Message 11 of 17
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Not to sound ignorant but what is the credit steps program?

Message 12 of 17
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Not to sound ignorant but what is the credit steps program?

They give you an auto credit limit increase on the 5th statement if you don't get one before that. The wording is usually on the offer area of the preapproval, and if you get approved, they sent you an email explaining how it works and what you need to do. The credit line is usually $500.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to say to ride it out as well, I tried to go for the CLI and it didn't work, and then the following month they gave me the CLI without having to request it.  I'm just going to leave it up to them at this point

Message 14 of 17
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Can someone explain the 3x for amex, or tell me where this guide is at??  Im looking at amex right know and seriously considering it.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

On day 61 after receiving a new AmEx card, you can request a CLI for 3X what your initial credit limit was. After getting the increase, you have to wait 180 days more to request a second increase. Someone else will have to chime in on how long to wait if you get denied since I didn't.

Message 16 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MrTom wrote:

Can someone explain the 3x for amex, or tell me where this guide is at??  Im looking at amex right know and seriously considering it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/18110...

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.