Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex not letting me pay bill

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Amex not letting me pay bill

I paid off my last statement balance and made charges of about $179 over the weekend. They finally all posted but when I click "Pay Bill" it says "there's no balance due at this time" and won't let me pay. I need to buy a plane ticket and don't want to be using up too much of my available credit (it's only $1000 CL) what gives?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex not letting me pay bill

Funds take time (why?) to process/clear so they don't restore credit limit until they are satisfied they got their money. Likely one to three days.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the account has been open for less than 30 days they will only let  you pay once. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If the account has been open for less than 30 days they will only let  you pay once. 

This is good to know. I didn't know that there was a restriction on the amount of times that you can pay.

Message 4 of 8
jrrsmith18
Contributor

If you want to pay your bill down before your next purchase you can either call in and have account services take a payment or you can use your bank's bill pay option. Just went through the same thing with my new PRG.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering because when I pay mine the available credit for the payment is literally immediate.

Message 6 of 8
zerbherb
Established Contributor

the two don't add up my first payment showed up immeditatlly. 

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 7 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I think it's been over 30 days.....and I've made 2 payments since it's opened
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.