Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex plat digital entertainment benefit question

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amex plat digital entertainment benefit question

This deals with the monthly entertainment credit on the amex plat. I charged the entertainment spend to my card like in the third week of march. The credit back from the entertainment credit posted like april 4th. My question is this. I want to switch the digital entertainment services I buy. If I make a new digital entertainment purchase now in mid april will I still trigger the credit or is my credit for april exhausted already because the credit posted in april on my March charges? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex plat digital entertainment benefit question

The credits are based on the date of the charge.  As long as the credits are for charges made in March, your April credit is unused.  I often get two credits posting in the same month for the restaurant credit on Gold for doing charges at the end of a month and the beginning of the following month.

Message 2 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The credits are based on the date of the charge.  As long as the credits are for charges made in March, your April credit is unused.  I often get two credits posting in the same month for the restaurant credit on Gold for doing charges at the end of a month and the beginning of the following month.

Thank you exactly what I needed to know!

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 4
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thank you exactly what I needed to know!

Yes, the date of the charge is what triggers the credit.  What you need to be careful of is if the charge posts around the end of the month.  I've had charges in the past post later than expected and crossed over into the next month.  That caused me to lose out on credits.  

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.