Did you mean: 

Amex still not reporting?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex still not reporting?

@NRB525 wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

That is absolutely correct. My April statement reported a $50 balance. My May and June statements reported zero. Perhaps this is why?? 

^^This

is exactly why. There's no There there for EQ or EX to trigger a change. There's no change in balance to even see a TU change.

I think AMEX is reporting just fine. I think posters are not checking the details of their MyFICO alerts closely, and are getting "under the radar" situations that don't result in an EX or EQ notice, then they don't see the TU change as it slides on by (if there is a non-zero balance that is).

Not true I use a daily triple puller Smiley Happy.. 

With that said Amex just caught up today on my June Payments to the CRA's..  So they reported twice within a week period of time May/June payments.  I never count on MyFico 3b monitoring for anything really as it is kinda worthless other then if any big changes happen that one should be aware of an an occasional score upgrade

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You know it's crazy. I fly back and forth between Minneapolis, MN and Newark, NJ. They constantly overbooked these flights, be it Delta or United. Every trip there's multiple stand bys waiting to get on and they are constantly asking for volunteers. I've actually been credited several times, but this was the first time since I got my Amex Delta PLAT card. I'm telling you, you could probably make a living off of comps if you flew back and forth weekly. Crazy. I guess it's a busy route or something. Planes are always full. Best of luck.

Interesting! I'm flying ATL-MSP in a couple of weeks, hope that one is overbooked Smiley Very Happy 

In other news, my SPG Amex opened May 9th is finally reporting...on TU only...

Message 22 of 37
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

That is absolutely correct. My April statement reported a $50 balance. My May and June statements reported zero. Perhaps this is why?? 

^^This

is exactly why. There's no There there for EQ or EX to trigger a change. There's no change in balance to even see a TU change.

I think AMEX is reporting just fine. I think posters are not checking the details of their MyFICO alerts closely, and are getting "under the radar" situations that don't result in an EX or EQ notice, then they don't see the TU change as it slides on by (if there is a non-zero balance that is).

With that said Amex just caught up today on my June Payments to the CRA's..  So they reported twice within a week period of time May/June payments.  I never count on MyFico 3b monitoring for anything really as it is kinda worthless other then if any big changes happen that one should be aware of an an occasional score upgrade

Do you have the 3B monitoring? Or you are relying on pulling the actual CR each day?

Maybe my file is different than yours, but I get 40+ alerts every month.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 37
taxi818
Super Contributor

CC is correct. Amex has been off the last couple months. I for 1 have have plenti of balances. and still no report. but they finally did i couple days ago. so im ok with it. my last before june 30th was april 15th. so something happened. and they also just updated the fico score as well on the website.

Message 24 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

^^This

Do you have the 3B monitoring? Or you are relying on pulling the actual CR each day?

Maybe my file is different than yours, but I get 40+ alerts every month.

I have both 3b monitoring and Credit Secure Unlimited.

Reason why yours updates more is probably as I get paid once a month so have all my billing dates close around a 2-3 window of each other..  So I get my alerts about 3-7 days after that typically.  If one was to have all his CC reporting different times of the month I could see this being more plausable which is probably you case I am guessing and you have alot more credit cards, etc than myself.

Anyways, point was not sure what was up with Amex and the daily puller would of caught that if they were doing their thing right and like normal, but they seemed to have caught up now.  See if it happens in another few days as my statement cut yesterday and should report in about 2-3 more days if it is back on schedule.

Message 25 of 37
woodstock1
Established Member

This board is a wonderful resource.

Chiming in to add that this slow reporting phenomenon is indeed real, and is getting increasingly frustrating. For years (decades?) Amex updated like clockwork the day after statement close (reflected, at least, on EX.) 

We have several Amex accounts with close dates around end-of-month and as of this morning, the last updates were in late May reflecting April balances, when in any previous period, June statement closing amounts would have reported by now. Something has obviously changed with Amex, the bureaus, or the connection between the parties.

Feeling pretty powerless other than to hope that they correct this soon -- like others have indicated, we have made significant payments against balances and would like our reports to reflect same. 

Kind regards.

Message 26 of 37
EW800
Valued Contributor

I agree. Very real as far as I am concerned. I still have one account that has not updated since mid-March. It has had usage, payments and a CLI. The second Amex card I have is about three weeks past when it typically updates. Neither account are showing updates to any of the three CRA's. Very odd, as prior to this they appeared to be like clockwork.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 27 of 37
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

@hawaii-girl wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya was my thread.. They finally reported my May,  but not June payments.. So only one month behind now.. Still behind though!  Not sure what is up with them, usually they report 2-3 days after statement cut.

Have no clue what is taking Amex so long to report these days for.. Called their Credit Reporting center and they said they reported, yet they didn't..  They basically said all is normal, which clearly it isn't with them for whatever reason.

Yeah, screwy on mine too. Like clockwork shows up on EQ the day after the statement closes, in my case on the 26th. No report yet for June. Called them and they said it had been reported on the 30th (so 4 days late, if I believe they reported), but takes up to 5 days to show up. Yeah, right. Never the case before.

As if that's not enough, CapOne changed my closing date with no notice (from the 11th to the 2nd), so a balance posted, despite a scheduled payment for the 9th! Buggers... And I was getting everything cleared for some CLI requests. I PIF every month, and these two balances make me PO'd! There better not be a 3rd screw up. Thank goodness my Amex 3X CLI went through today without a problem.

OK, Amex finally updated on EQ. Showed up today (7/7). Statement date 6/25. Reported date shown on EQ is 6/23!? So my PIF balance fnally shows up, clearing a balance that reported by accident last month. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I normally only see it when I don't use an account that month.  But most of them still report.  Amex does not.  Along with some of the Comenity stores.  Chase has been good about it.  Haven't used their card in 3 months.  That's next on my list.  I only have 1 true Amex card and put about 2.5k a month on it.  I forgot to use it one month and it didn't report.  

Message 29 of 37
woodstock1
Established Member

@hawaii-girl wrote:

OK, Amex finally updated on EQ. Showed up today (7/7). Statement date 6/25. Reported date shown on EQ is 6/23!? So my PIF balance fnally shows up, clearing a balance that reported by accident last month. Smiley Happy

Similar experience. Now let's see if they update EX today - which IME with Amex has traditionally been first.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.