AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex that pulls equifax ? After bk

WF Amex pulled Experian for me in Feb.
Message 11 of 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

I have the Penfed Travel Rewards Amex. Penfed pulls EQ only.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 12 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
WF Amex pulled Experian for me in Feb.

Same for me back in January. 

Message 13 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

+1 - they have always pulled EX fo rne,

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CUs seem to like EQ. DCU, Navy, NASA, Pended (I think).... Comenity Cards including visas.... Best Buy Visa,
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing about Penfed is that it doesn't pull the "regular" EQ FICO 8 like most other lenders, but a different variant called NexGen (or NextGen) 2, which is an alternative method of scoring that FICO introduced a while back but never really has caught on with most lenders (I think Penfed is the only major lender regularly using this scoring model) because of its different way of scoring from 150 to 950, which would require lenders to recalculate basically everything from the traditional 300-850 scale. This thread explains the various flavors of FICO including NextGen: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Penfed is not only one of the few lenders using NextGen, but currently the only major lender as far as I know that makes that score available to customers via a tile on accountholders' pages (of course, you have to have an installment loan, credit card or checking account with them to be able to get that score). When I got my used-car loan from them, that's what they pulled, and I was startled to see my EQ NG 2 at 690 (compared to my EQ FICO 8 which is currently 659).  I'm certainly not complaining since it got me my 2016 Hyundai Accent to replace my ancient 2001 Ford Focus...

Message 16 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As fltireguy said all cards issued by AmEx are going to be EX. If you just want something on the AmEx network, but not actually issued by AmEx, PenFed and others pull EQ and offer AmEx network cards.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.