Not applicable

Amex

What's the easiest Amex card to get? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex

Serve which is AMEX's prepaid debit. The next easiest is the Credit One AMEX.  I assume you meant within the Amex lines and I have heard Delta Gold. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm. Thanx  

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous- are you looking at any particular cards with American Expresss National Bank?  Or, are you looking into other banks who offer some AmEx network cards, like Citi/DSNB/Macy's, USAA, US Bank, WF/Dillard's, etc.?

If it's AENB, take a look at the cards that would be the right fit for your spending patterns (or lifestyle) vs just getting one to get your foot in the door. For instance, if you are a Delta FF, there's the Delta Gold SkyMiles CC or if you stay at any Hilton properties, there's the Hilton CC as well.

Message 4 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the easiest Amex card to get? 

If you'd give us a little information, it would help us give you relevant answers! Smiley Happy

For example, what kind of credit do you have? Do you know your FICO scores? If so, what are they? Other useful data: your overall utilization rate, your number of open credit card accounts, the utilization rates on each of your cards, your overall credit limit (i.e., all your credit limits combined), the average age of your credit, whether there are any derogatory marks on your reports, etc.

How 'easy' it is to get an Amex card really depends on the individual's credit, income, debt, and so on. So give us some info and we'll try to point you to appropriate cards!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 5 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

OP, while BK is on your report, any Amex card will be iffy. Doesn't mean you cannot get approved, it just means as long as you have negatives, Amex isn't going to be cuddly bear.

If you go for a core card and get approved, it's going to be $1000.00 for considerable future,at first you will be happy you "got foot in", then they will keep slamming the door.

If you go for charge card, expect to pay not when it's time but when super secret algorithm decides you should pay. 

Then you will be told "They are just getting to know you" but Amex feels like they already know everyone with less than perfect credit. 

It's just how they are. 

I think you'd be better off with other lenders who aren't BK averse, especially if they have cards you can use versus cards for door-foot syndrome. 

Message 6 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

OP, while BK is on your report

Um...do you have a crystal ball or something?! Smiley Very Happy

I didn't see any mention of BK by the OP--in this thread...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 7 of 14
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:
@Remedios wrote:

OP, while BK is on your report ...

@SoCalGardener ... see this:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/When-will-AMEX-approve-credit-after-bk-discharge/m-p/640...

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 14
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

OP, while BK is on your report ...

@SoCalGardener ... see this 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/When-will-AMEX-approve-credit-after-bk-discharge/m-p/640...

Thanks--I figured there was something somewhere! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would think the green charge card would be easiest.

They have/had a prequal tool.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.