Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Cap 1 combo question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Cap 1 combo question

I'm eligible to combine my QS and QS1.

My question is about the speed of reporting. I did two BTs this month to my BofA Cash Rewards and one paid off my QS1 balance, but the payment missed the statement date and the full balance reported. 

If I combine, will they report the new $0 balance right away as a closed card? My BofA statement closes on the 22nd and I thought the combo might be a good way to force the $0 so I don't look like I severely increased my utilization since I planned on combining anyway.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Cap 1 combo question

No, they won't report your balance immediately as "zero" to the credit bureaus.  That will happen once the statement cuts and cycle closes.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, they won't report your balance immediately as "zero" to the credit bureaus.  That will happen once the statement cuts and cycle closes.

Thanks for responding! I'm a little confused though. If the card is closed, what statement date would that be? Do you mean they won't report the other card closed until the other card cuts a new statement?

Message 3 of 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Your next scheduled statement date on the card you are closing
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:
Your next scheduled statement date on the card you are closing

Got ya! I didn't realize closed cards would have a statement date, but that makes sense now all of a sudden for reporting. Thanks so much. Off to combine!

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That would probably be their final statement, or because you made the move mid-cycle. But as said, once the statement cuts, it will take care of that.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.