Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Platinum to Quicksilver Upgrade

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Another Platinum to Quicksilver Upgrade

On this board, creditismyhobby posted about having his Platinum upgraded to Quicksilver. Because I have a running challenge with myself to never suffer a denial, I am wondering about the process. I have TWO Platinums - one (my 1st card in 20 years) is secured, with a $599 CL that will never go up, but it's my oldest card. The second is unsecured and was raised from $750 to $1,750 in early December, '17. I have decided not to seek a new card for at least 3 months, however, I'm intrigued with having one of my Platinums upgraded to Quicksilver, perhaps with an increased SL.  Last week, I got a Discover it at $6K SL. In early December, I got a CUF at $6K SL. Those plus the two Platinums are it for me at this point. 

How do I proceed with Cap1's CSR? Is there any possibility of getting the secured CL combined with the unsecured and moving them onto a Quicksilver? If I do that and my oldest card (the secured) is closed, it will probably bring my age to under 6 mos. If only the unsecured Platinum is upgraded to Quicksilver, can I expect/request a higher SL, based on my stats? Should I even attempt this until I get the cards I'm really aiming for several months down the line? 

One more thing: C1 has me prequaled for the Quicksilver.

As always, your input is appreciated. This board has been batting 1000 with me, so far.

EQ=759, TU=691, EX=744     EQ=1, TU=1, EX=6

C1 Platinum (secured) = $599

CI Platinum = $1,750

Disc it = $6,000

CUF = $6,000

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Platinum to Quicksilver Upgrade

This one is simple and painless. You call them up and ask if any of your two cards are upgradable to the Quicksilver. It’s a soft pull. Doesn’t affect your credit. And this card is the easiest card to PC out there. Mmm guess is they will upgrade one of them no problem. Heck if you want they may combine and upgrade. Probs lay will if that’s your desire.  It’s really not even a tough decision for them. Give it a go and report back your success for others data points. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

wrote:

On this board, creditismyhobby posted about having his Platinum upgraded to Quicksilver. Because I have a running challenge with myself to never suffer a denial, I am wondering about the process. I have TWO Platinums - one (my 1st card in 20 years) is secured, with a $599 CL that will never go up, but it's my oldest card. The second is unsecured and was raised from $750 to $1,750 in early December, '17. I have decided not to seek a new card for at least 3 months, however, I'm intrigued with having one of my Platinums upgraded to Quicksilver, perhaps with an increased SL.  Last week, I got a Discover it at $6K SL. In early December, I got a CUF at $6K SL. Those plus the two Platinums are it for me at this point. 

How do I proceed with Cap1's CSR? Is there any possibility of getting the secured CL combined with the unsecured and moving them onto a Quicksilver? If I do that and my oldest card (the secured) is closed, it will probably bring my age to under 6 mos. If only the unsecured Platinum is upgraded to Quicksilver, can I expect/request a higher SL, based on my stats? Should I even attempt this until I get the cards I'm really aiming for several months down the line? 

One more thing: C1 has me prequaled for the Quicksilver.

As always, your input is appreciated. This board has been batting 1000 with me, so far.

EQ=759, TU=691, EX=744     EQ=1, TU=1, EX=6

C1 Platinum (secured) = $599

CI Platinum = $1,750

Disc it = $6,000

CUF = $6,000

Food for thought, you might want to check to see when the secured is suppose to graduate to unsecured status and then combine the cards.

But if you can't wait, click on this link. You'll need to log in. Give it a moment to think and see if the upgarde works. It may not because you have two cards. But I have had some success getting the site to re-check by selecting the particular account your intersted in upgrading, then put ProductUpgrade at the end of the URL. Here is te upgrade link to try first.....

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3 of 6
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Well, THAT was certainly easy! (Simple and painless). I went to the C1 upgrade link posted for us quite some time ago by MyloFICO (hope I have the handle right!).

Here it is: 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

It said I was approved to upgrade the unsecured Platinum to Quicksilver and that the CL and APR would remain the same. Two clicks got me the card. Until I receive the new card, the Platinum will be activated and will earn the cash back. I've gotta keep posting here! Every time I do, I get an upgrade of some sort.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to Somewherein505. I got the upgrade before I had the chance to read your comment.  

Message 5 of 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Anytime! Smiley Happy

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.