cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC's that you know of that give 5% or greater on ETSY?

tag
RBD22
New Contributor

Re: Any CC's that you know of that give 5% or greater on ETSY?

The US Bank Altitude Reserve accepts Apple Pay through Safari (or Google Pay through Chromium browsers), which gives 4.5% CB when redeemed for travel.  Not 5% but pretty close and probably as good as you'll get.  I think Etsy also accepts Apple Pay through their app.

STARTING SCORE: FICO as of 08/03/2015:
CURRENT SCORES: FICO as of 07/09/2024: ,
CK Vantagescores as of 07/09/2024: ,

Message 11 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@RBD22 wrote:

The US Bank Altitude Reserve accepts Apple Pay through Safari (or Google Pay through Chromium browsers), which gives 4.5% CB when redeemed for travel. 

Does it actually work with Google Pay on a browser?   I thought I had read about counter-examples.    (The reward category is "mobile wallets" so in theory they would have the right to reject browser-based transactions if they can distinguish!)

Message 12 of 16
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@RBD22 wrote:

The US Bank Altitude Reserve accepts Apple Pay through Safari (or Google Pay through Chromium browsers), which gives 4.5% CB when redeemed for travel. 

Does it actually work with Google Pay on a browser?   I thought I had read about counter-examples.    (The reward category is "mobile wallets" so in theory they would have the right to reject browser-based transactions if they can distinguish!)

I only tried one time to pay for an online retail purchase via Google Pay through a Chrome browser.  When my rewards posted for Altitude Reserve, I only received 1x points.  When I have used Google Pay in person at store terminals, I always received 3x.

Oct 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 37 yrs | AoYRA: less than 1 yr | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 13 of 16
RBD22
New Contributor

I only use Apple Pay so I can't speak much about Google Pay.  I've read conflicting reports on whether it codes correctly through browsers, though.  Other commenters in this thread seem to say the same thing.  Apple Pay through Safari gives 3x points 100% of the time in my experience, though.  

The Etsy app accepts Apple Pay so perhaps it accepts Google Pay (or Samsung Pay, etc).  It just has to be "mobile wallet", which includes any of those payment methods.  You could always push the button make the purchase through the app so that you're paying with your mobile device, if you're worried.

STARTING SCORE: FICO as of 08/03/2015:
CURRENT SCORES: FICO as of 07/09/2024: ,
CK Vantagescores as of 07/09/2024: ,

Message 14 of 16
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I'm sure it's a long shot but did you check to see if your seller is selling discounted gift cards like this seller (10% discount).

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 15 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for all the information all.. Just used AOD card and ordered it and already paid off.  Although might be ordering a few other custom pieces from there in the near future and take all these thoughts into consideration as some good brainstorming.  AR is likely my next card for a few reasons.

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.