cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Luck With The "New" CapOne Luv Button?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Luck With The "New" CapOne Luv Button?

Got the dreaded 7-10 day message on my oldest account, 2k limit but my lowest APR, using as a BT card so it has a 1k balance on it. No lates ever or any other baddies on my report. Oldest card no AF is 50 months old, AAoA is just over 2 years.  I guess they want me to rethink my relationship with them. My second CapOne card has a 750 limit, and its AF is due this month, 3 years old,  I may be paying it off (ipass reload hit last week $40) and closing it, thought about the EO but really do I need the headache and hassles I have over 70k in total limits and cards that that have CL of almost 10k. Really don't need a mediocre rewards card with a company that won't grow with me without a tripple HP. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 53
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

2 days later, I received an email saying I was declined because of low balance on the account.  Oh well.  good news is that it says my credit score is 748.  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 22 of 53
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

How long between asking and the answer?  Pity they don't check eligibility first!

Maybe they do.  I went to their website today to download my statement, noticed a new look but didn't pay much attention to anything besides what I went there for.  But I looked again just now, don't see any luv button for my account.  I'm like you, only use a small fraction (~4%) of my 9700 CL.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 53
davidjb
Valued Member

I just got a $500 dollar instant increase.  Credit card was a credit steps card that was stuck at a $750 limit.  Thanks for the luv button info.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ 767 3/15, EX 789 3/15, TU 762 3/15
Goal Score: 800

Message 24 of 53
missq

I just applied by clicking the online LUV button and got approved for $500 for both my accounts bringining my credit line to $1,250 & $1,000.  I was stuck at $750 for 6 years and made numerous complaints.

Doing the Happy DanceSmiley LOL Smiley TongueSmiley LOL

Message 25 of 53
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I hit the button and got the wait for our response by mail within 30 days. I figured it would be a no. However they gave me a $5k boost from $25k to $30k on my Venture card. 3 days after hitting the button I logged on and saw the increased limit in my account. I was very surprised to say the least. I have had this card since 2008 and this is only my 2nd CLI.

Message 26 of 53
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

From their FAQ:

Why was my credit line increase amount lower than I expected?

Capital One is generally a conservative lender. Keep in mind that we can consider you for another increase in six months.

Really...you don't say...lo.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 27 of 53
lithium78
Established Contributor

I got the dreaded "10 days" message.  I probably won't get a CLI because I never use the card.  It doesn't give me any rewards and I have other cards with higher limits and much lower APR.  Oh, well.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 28 of 53
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

From their FAQ:

. Keep in mind that we can consider you for another increase in six months.

Can and actually doing it have been two differnt things, based upon the many reports of people on here stuck at $500 & $750 for years upon years - While their other cards reach 5K++++

Nothing more than a cop out excuse if you ask me.

They are great starter/rebuilder cards, but one should be made aware that these cards come with a shelf life

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 29 of 53
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

Has anyone with a higher limit cap 1 card tried the online CLI?

As I posted on a different thread, I was successful at getting my Cap1 rebuilder card from $750 -> $1250, as have several other forum members.

However, I also have a Venture with a $6400. I hit the luv button on that as well, and got the 7-10 day message. I just received the denial in my documents, for the following reason:

"You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low"

Since I have cards with various rewards structures, my spending is split between them. I usually run a few hundred dollars a month through my Venture, so I suppose they believe that I have a large enough limit relative to my spending on that card. No big deal; I'm not unhappy with my current limit, I just wanted to see if I could grow it. Maybe down the road, who knows.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.