Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info on Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any info on Care Credit?

I searched but didn't really see anything that answered my questions.

How easy is it to get approved? What amount should you put in for a procedure? How does that even work for someone who might want several procedures at different doctors like dental work for you and your dog. I saw someone mention Synch doesn't like recent inquries so does that mean one shouldn't bother unless it's been a few months since any apps?

I have a 2nd card not yet being reported and looking for a third ASAP. Could Care Credit be my 4th or would it have to be 3rd?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Any info on Care Credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

I searched but didn't really see anything that answered my questions.

How easy is it to get approved?

Not hard

What amount should you put in for a procedure?

You should ask for  a much higher limit than you intent to use, so that you don't hurt your utilization. It's scored as credit card utililization.

How does that even work for someone who might want several procedures at different doctors like dental work for you and your dog. I saw someone mention Synch doesn't like recent inquries so does that mean one shouldn't bother unless it's been a few months since any apps?

They're not especially sensitive to recent inquiries, so don't worry about that.

I have a 2nd card not yet being reported and looking for a third ASAP. Could Care Credit be my 4th or would it have to be 3rd?

It could be your 3rd or your 4th.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Any info on Care Credit?

There's actually quite a bit of info on Care Credit. Ive seen folks get approved with scores 610+ with 20inq, and Ive seen folks get denied for scores 740+ with like 4inq. Its really a toss up....I would say if you have less than 6 inq in last 6 months, with scores at least 640+...youd be fine.

You don't have to put where you are wanting services like a particular dentists name or whatever either on the app.. In the past when I applied I just put "dental", and $8k needed. Instant approved, and within 48hrs it was $12k with one call in to credit solutions.

Synch has actually started to crack down some on approvals with a ton of inq...There have been posts of denials, and only reason was too many inq. What are your FICO TU scores?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.