cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any new developments on AMEX OASIS program?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any new developments on AMEX OASIS program?

I know that there have been many discussions on the OASIS program. Just curious to see if anybody has recently been able to either get a CLI or obtain another AMEX card while having the Optima (OASIS) card.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Any new developments on AMEX OASIS program?

I got a Platinum Charge Card. After that when I apply for any other card, App is declined with message "Active Recovery Account". I really do not need another Amex card so I stopped apping for Amex.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser, you got a Platinum while having the Optima recovery card? if so, it sounds like they changed their policy.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The week that I was issued my Optima (hadn't been activated yet but the approval was showing in their application status section), I applied for Blue Cash. I was denied, but not because of "Active Recovery Product". Instead.. "Collection item in the last two years", which has since been deleted from Experian.

In a few months when a couple of inquiries drop off, I'll try again and see what happens. I'll probably get the "Sorry, you're in Optima Jail" denial then. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am in the same boat as you. Optima Jail. Some how, I got the Platinum from them right after Optima. It might have slipped through crack. Any thing I apply at it is rejected with message "Active Recovery Product". I just stopped trying for any card with Amex.

I have my Optima Card with 5K CL. I am not going to cancel it unless they give me another card. Looks like they will not give me another card as long as I have the optima card. It is a catch 22. I am going leave it the way it is for.

I am not in that much love with Amex to feel bad about not having another card from them. Platinum Card gives me every thing I want from Amex. No point in loosing my sleep.

I like the term you used "Optima Jail".
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.