Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any opinions on First Premier?

tag
let
Regular Contributor

Any opinions on First Premier?

I applied  for this card, I'm trying to rebuild my credit, so I accepted the terms on this card Smiley Mad, don't care much for it at all.  This is one of those cards that you charge a pack of gum on once a month, ( $250.00 limit).

I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with them and if they are even worth keeping.  TIA!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Re: Any opinions on First Premier?

Ive had it a couple months.

They make it as difficult as possible to make payments to them. Would be nice if you could pay by debit card or something.

Even when you do pay them on time with a check they put up to a 20 day hold on the funds available back to your account. If I were you I would just pay it down and pay the monthly $7 or w/e and just let it report for a year

Message 2 of 11
let
Regular Contributor

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@let wrote:

I applied  for this card, I'm trying to rebuild my credit, so I accepted the terms on this card Smiley Mad, don't care much for it at all.  This is one of those cards that you charge a pack of gum on once a month, ( $250.00 limit).

I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with them and if they are even worth keeping.  TIA!

Exactly....i pack of gum sounds real good.Smiley Wink These cards can have some advantages for those who really need to build credit and really want a card and can't wait. But i would have went to a CU and set something up before i would ever deal with these bottom feeders. They are worse then loansharks.But in any case....since you have it now, just put a tank of gas or charge gum & PIF every month.You'll be fine.....

Message 4 of 11
let
Regular Contributor

I am really having buyer's remorse. that is going to the sock drawer.
Message 5 of 11
keithc
Regular Contributor

get rid of that darn card asap!! the fees are hell!!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had too much use for a card with a $250 CL that charges fees before you get card. Brother was approved and when he got card only had $67 AC on it. Wow!! Try Cap 1
Message 7 of 11
NinComPoop
Contributor

I've had their card for approx 1 yr 8 mos and look forward to getting rid of the card.  I wish I was into this forum when I applied then and would've just went the secured card route with a credit union.  Theres no reason to put up with all those monthly fees, processing fees annual fees.  Just not worth it.  Save your money and you could go secured and not have to worry about it.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NinComPoop wrote:
I've had their card for approx 1 yr 8 mos and look forward to getting rid of the card.  I wish I was into this forum when I applied then and would've just went the secured card route with a credit union.  Theres no reason to put up with all those monthly fees, processing fees annual fees.  Just not worth it.  Save your money and you could go secured and not have to worry about it.

WELL SAIDSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
enerey
Regular Contributor

If you have not charged anything yet they will let you cancel without charging any fees. Don't throw away money on this card it is not worth it, get a secured card instead.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.