cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get mailers from an issuer AFTER getting a second card from them?

tag
CF_Frost
New Contributor

Anyone get mailers from an issuer AFTER getting a second card from them?

Just picked up my second Chase card last month (CSP) and today I received a mailer for the Slate.  I've never seen a Chase mailer in my life.  Is this common practice or could it be a mistake?  Not sure why they would want to extend me more credit immediately.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Anyone get mailers from an issuer AFTER getting a second card from them?

@CF_Frost wrote:

Just picked up my second Chase card last month (CSP) and today I received a mailer for the Slate.  I've never seen a Chase mailer in my life.  Is this common practice or could it be a mistake?  Not sure why they would want to extend me more credit immediately.

Mailers, which are really basically ads, are sent by the marketing departments and are based on very general CR info (and with lag time, may be based on reports before you got your CSP).  It's not at all unusual to get offers for cards you already have.   Don't think of it as "they want to extend me more credit immediately", it is at most a  preapproval which can still be unsuccesful if you apply (they can pull the most recent report and decide you already have the internal limit with them)

Message 2 of 6
Bman70
Established Contributor

I did.. just a few days after getting approved for my Amex BCP, got a mailer preapproving me for the Blue Cash Preferred! Lol

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 3 of 6
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Totally normal.

At this point I get a Slate mailer roughly every 6 weeks and a United MileagePlus mailer every 2 weeks from Chase.

They seem to market pretty aggressively to existing customers throughout their various banking services. And they promote that with their various incentives. There's the Freedom + Sapphire ability to upgrade Freedom points, the CC-plus-checking annual dividend on points, the mortgage cashback if you autopay from Chase checking, etc. They really want to be a one-stop shop.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 4 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

if it has Opt Out wording than you know its based on your credit report, if not its just general advertising

Message 5 of 6
H14
Contributor

I got an AMEX Blue Sky and the following week received mail offers for the BCE and the Everyday cards. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.