cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone going for expedia 70k Citi card?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Anyone going for expedia 70k Citi card?

@FinStar wrote:

Tempting offer, but I already have it lol.  I had the Voyager+ with a targeted 50K SUB (or was it 60K?...I can't remember now) back in 2017.  So, last year I downgraded to the no-AF version.  The 70K SUB is the highest I've seen as a public offer.

Can you confirm if the 0.71 cpp is correct, or does the value of rewards change depending upon your Expedia Rewards status (since this card gives you Gold)?

Message 11 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting 100 travel credit as well which woud offset AF if liberal... downgrade after first year.. Might have a byte from @K-in-Boston  Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Not me!  Offer expires next month and I am not applying for anything until tax season rolls around, and contemplating Business Platinum 100k or 110k offer for $25,000 spend in 3 months.  I'll just sit over here with my popcorn and look for Mahraja over in approvals.

Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Tempting offer, but I already have it lol.  I had the Voyager+ with a targeted 50K SUB (or was it 60K?...I can't remember now) back in 2017.  So, last year I downgraded to the no-AF version.  The 70K SUB is the highest I've seen as a public offer.

Can you confirm if the 0.71 cpp is correct, or does the value of rewards change depending upon your Expedia Rewards status (since this card gives you Gold)?

The value of rewards appears to vary between Gold and Silver from what I can tell.  I downgraded to Silver last year (I know...blasphemy!).  Gold gets the 30% points bonus with automatic +gold status whereas it's 10% points bonus with automatic +silver status.  The base points is the same for both cards when booking on Expedia.com, though.

Message 14 of 17
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Brace Yourselves Kitties LOL you have no idea what i am going to post in Approvals and this Voyager MC with 70K bonus Consider it done 😁 coming back to NY from Orlando with huge surprise

DONE THERE U GO

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Expedia-Voyager-MC-70K-Bonus-Approved/td...

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck yes!  

1)  I need new tires ($800), so that's 40% of the required spend.

2)  The Stella in Bryan/College Station is an Expedia VIP hotel next door to one of the top 40 golf courses in the state (Tradition Club at A&M designed for Nicklaus by Chet Williams) where I can play twice a month for cart fee only.   

Other Expedia VIP hotels in Texas/Louisiana:

New OrleansBryanAustinDallasSan AntonioHouston
Jung HotelStellaAT&T Hotel & ConfThe JouleLa CanteraLancaster
Bourbon Orleans Sonesta Bee Cave Hotel Valencia Riverwalk 
Hotel Mazarin Kimber Modern Fairmount 
Hotel Le Marais Hotel Ella Menger Hotel 
Hotel St Marie South Congress HotelHotel Havana 
Prince Conti Hotel     
Windsor Court     
NOPSI     

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I considered this card a few yearas ago since I used Expedia to book trips, though I haven't even used them on the past 3 years. So while I'm tempted with the 70K points, I'm not sure it would fit my long term goal use. It likely wouldn't be used past the SUB.

Plus I'm trying to stay under 5/24 with no HPs.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.