cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the Capitol One Union Plus Card?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Anyone have the Capitol One Union Plus Card?

I've had this card since June 2014, started at $300 and despite maxing it out and paying in full several times throughout the months I only got a $200 CLI in January with credit steps, I still run about $1500/month through this card. I've tried the EO, called Cap 1 several times to request CLI as well as hit the luv button every month. I know it hasn't been a year yet, but I'm convinced that this card is not going to grow. Everytime I call capitol one I get a different answer about when a CLI can take place, just last week I was told April 8th I could get one, but denied again. They are not even doing a HP or SP, so I don't get it!?!? 

If if anyone here has this card, has it grown?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boober
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Capitol One Union Plus Card?

I guess this is a dead thread but I'll post anyways cuz I'm curious as well about this card.

I've had mine for about 3 years now and have I guess around 3 grand in purchaces on it over it's life time, and it's always been paid on time and right now it's currently paid off. Just never been excited about it because I have better cards than this one.

When I first got it it came with a $3200 CL. I've always been tempted to ask for more, but when I hit the "Request a Credit Line Increase" link, it says the following...

"In order to process this credit limit increase request, we may obtain a current copy of your credit report. To authorize this request, click the "Submit" button below."

I don't want to risk an HP for something I have no clue I'll get, so I never go any further with it. Also I can't do any BT's with it as it always says I have no offers available.

Just kind of a worthless junk card for me.

One wierd thing about this card, it's a Cap 1 card but I'm unable to link it to my other Cap 1 cards at Cap 1's site.

Anyone else out there care to share? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Wow... this is an old, resurrected thread.

boober - the Union Plus card works in similar context as the GM BuyPower card - the account(s) cannot be linked with any of Capital One's flagship cards (e.g. Venture, QS, etc.) as Union Plus is considered a partner/affinity product.

AFAIK, any CLI-initiated requests are HP (unless an account gets an auto-CLI).  And, since you mentioned "Just kind of a worthless junk card for me", then why keep it?

Message 3 of 5
boober
Frequent Contributor

Seven months old isn't that old. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the info on why I can't link this with my Cap 1 account. I figured as much.

Anyways, it makes way more sense to keep it then to get rid of it. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@boober wrote:

Seven months old isn't that old. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the info on why I can't link this with my Cap 1 account. I figured as much.

Anyways, it makes way more sense to keep it then to get rid of it. Smiley Sad

Even 7 months by MF standards, can be old news Smiley Very Happy  Information is pretty fluid even in that short span of time, albeit the card in question hasn't changed really that much Smiley Wink

If you intend to keep the card, and the HP won't cause any issues for you on the horizon (i.e. mortgage, auto financing, etc.), then just weigh the pros/cons to determine whether the Union Plus card merits a CLI (all depending on your overall spend/goals, etc.).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.