cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card + Device Question...

Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Apple Card + Device Question...

"To get the most features out of the card--a compatible Apple device must be used". My question is--Outside of making calls--can you make most of the Apple-pay transactions from an I-Pad just as well as an I-Phone? I'm an Android user and don't want to deal with a second phone or plan if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.




Message 2 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


You actually don't need any data to use Apple Pay. Once the card is tokenized and stored on the device, you have no more need for a data connection when using it to pay in stores. 

Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


I picked one up specifically for the apple card. While me and my wife are android user's, my mil is apple, so I plan to get the card to purchase her devices at some point.




Message 5 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


You actually don't need any data to use Apple Pay. Once the card is tokenized and stored on the device, you have no more need for a data connection when using it to pay in stores. 


@AnonymousOkay--thanks. I think I'm getting the idea now. I intergrate the card into the device and just use it from there--no wifi or any data connection needed. Sounds easy enough.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


You actually don't need any data to use Apple Pay. Once the card is tokenized and stored on the device, you have no more need for a data connection when using it to pay in stores. 


@AnonymousOkay--thanks. I think I'm getting the idea now. I intergrate the card into the device and just use it from there--no wifi or any data connection needed. Sounds easy enough.


You'll want a data connection to actually manage the card on the device obviously but using it for payment is an offline thing. 

Message 7 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


I picked one up specifically for the apple card. While me and my wife are android user's, my mil is sold, so I plan to get the card to purchase her devices at some point.


I was pre-approved for $2500 @ 15.99% earlier and declined (b/c I wanted to get some more info about using the card). Which seems like a relatively low APR compared to some of the actual approvals I've seen lately on the forum. If I can score a cheap device I'll probably go back and get the card with hopefully the same or better CL and APR. Thanks again for the replies.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 8 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


You actually don't need any data to use Apple Pay. Once the card is tokenized and stored on the device, you have no more need for a data connection when using it to pay in stores. 


@AnonymousOkay--thanks. I think I'm getting the idea now. I intergrate the card into the device and just use it from there--no wifi or any data connection needed. Sounds easy enough.


You'll want a data connection to actually manage the card on the device obviously but using it for payment is an offline thing. 


I'm guessing I can do that from my home (or other) Wifi--correct?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card + Device Question...


@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Yes, you can use an ipad. You could also buy an iphone 6 for $100 to carry around for apple pay transactions.


Thanks for the reply. So the used IPhone can be had that cheap and could be used on WiFi I'm guessing for Apple pay transactions?


You actually don't need any data to use Apple Pay. Once the card is tokenized and stored on the device, you have no more need for a data connection when using it to pay in stores. 


@AnonymousOkay--thanks. I think I'm getting the idea now. I intergrate the card into the device and just use it from there--no wifi or any data connection needed. Sounds easy enough.


You'll want a data connection to actually manage the card on the device obviously but using it for payment is an offline thing. 


I'm guessing I can do that from my home (or other) Wifi--correct?


Yep that's correct. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.