cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Purchases - No Financing With Barclays and Walmart!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Purchases - No Financing With Barclays and Walmart!

I'm planning on purchasing some Apple products in the near future (27" iMac and an iPad). My Barclay's card only has a $2k limit (origionally was $1300. reconed to $2k).  Have been hoping to take advanage of their free 12 month financing offer. Just waiting to see if they will be updating that iMac system before I purchase.  But anyway, I was also approved for a Walmart card. In the envelop was a certificate - No interest on an electrics purchase of $429. or more if paid in full within 18 months.  Offer ends on November 30th. Great!!!  I spilit them up, pay them down and save on interest!   Only thing is my Walmart has a $600.00 limit. iPad is about $775.00. I'll have to see if they will bump me up a little. I'll only have the card for 1-2 months then though.  Or, use the Target card, save 5% and pay interest. Almost balances out. It's all about planning and a little luck here and there! Smiley Happy 

So for those of you that have been approved for a Walmart card, there might be an offer in your envelope! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Purchases - No Financing With Barclays and Walmart!

I just got approve for the Wally world car too, but I did not got it yet. I printed a coupon off there website for the 18 months 0% apr for 18 months for $429 or more for in store purchase on electronics. Wally card 5% off + my mothers long term service discount card = anther 10% off. Smiley Happy

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 2 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ask for a CLI on wal mart card Smiley Happy they seem to be generous.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Also keep in mind that macing the card and paying the card off slowly will lead to two maxed cards and will damage your fico in the short term
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

A cli on walmart just opened is a HP ?

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

A cli on walmart just opened is a HP ?

AFAIK all GE-backed cards are SP CLI's.  I don't have any personally but I think Wally falls into this category.

        
Message 6 of 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. Smiley Happy Yesssssssss

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
Also keep in mind that macing the card and paying the card off slowly will lead to two maxed cards and will damage your fico in the short term

I don't mind. I won't be applying for anything new in the near future. Plus, my total credit lines recently went from $1800. to $8600. recently so my utilization should stay low (about 20%). It used to hover in the 75-80% range. 

Message 8 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

Not to thread jack but anyone have success with GE CLIs before the 4 month mark?
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.