Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Jared

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Applied for Jared

I got Kay for 5K and I applied for Jared and it said, I'll hear from them in 10 days. I am not sure what that means. I thought Kay and Jared share the same CL. Does it mean they have to do manual review and send me the jared card for the same CL?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for Jared

Maybe they are two separate lines or maybe they reallocate one from the other if you apply for both...hmmm. Keep us posted.
Message 2 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I should not have applied for Jared. Now I have to wait another 10 days to figure out what is happening. I should have been happy with the Kay Card.
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The INQ's should merge - so don't sweat that part

Need help finding something?

I love a princess cut- the DW too.
Message 4 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes,  I want to buy some thing nice for DW and 3 Daughters ( 15 and 9 and 9). Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have twin boys born April 98

What does the DW need- a ring?

Earings or nice necklace or bracelet for the girls.

@Red1Blue wrote:
Yes, I want to buy some thing nice for DW and 3 Daughters ( 15 and 9 and 9). Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
I got Kay for 5K and I applied for Jared and it said, I'll hear from them in 10 days. I am not sure what that means. I thought Kay and Jared share the same CL. Does it mean they have to do manual review and send me the jared card for the same CL?

Jared does not do instant approvals. If you got Kay, odds are you'll get Jared at the same limit. Both cards will actually share the same credit line, but will report separately. This is great for utilization. You can also get J.B. Robinson and another one I forget the name. All owned by Sterling.
Message 7 of 25
aaagirl
New Contributor

I also recently got a Kay card and apped for Jared.  I called Jared to confirm application and was approved over the phone, same CL, and yes they are shared.  As far as reporting I do not know yet.  I am hoping that they report separately though, that would be nice for UTI.
~aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 8 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I'll call Jared and ask them about the app. Did they pull a seperate CR for you when you applied for Jared?
Message 9 of 25
aaagirl
New Contributor

Yes, unfortunately 2 hards on equifax.  Maybe if you call and ask for a soft?  The cards came very quickly too, within 7 days.
~aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.