Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying and then re-applying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying and then re-applying

I applied to Wachovia for a Student credit card so I could have one unsecured credit card without outrageous fees.  My credit score went up to (well, close to if not barely over) the 600's.  In short, they gave me 4 denial reasons in which...

1.  Derog accounts were too recent.

2.  bal/credit limit too high on rev accounts

3.  Time since most recent acct opened

4.  Length of time install accts estab

I am about to receive some money to better my situation and i'm wanting to close out both of my V/MC cards which have ridiculous fees and get some unsecured college credit cards with lower/no fees since i'm still enrolled in college, even if I have to go secured to get away from those cards.  I need to use a trial for Free Credit Report.com on a prepaid debit card to check this out, but I wouldn't mind paying like 2 months or so until I can get a decent unsecured credit card (a $25 prepaid debit card can be used to pay FCR.com, right?). 

So anyways, I opened 1st Premier around the first of June and Belk two days ago when I got the card in the mail (I just bought something this morning for $80, so I can easily pay it off when I get my bill).  My other card, Indigo (formerly Rewards 660), was in my wallet for 3 years now with a $400 limit, and i'm paying $40 per month and I would like to get rid of that card for something better.  I would like to (in a perfect world) close out 1st Premier because of the outrageous fees. 

So my question is that if I paid off the derogs (mostly bank overdraft fees from AmSouth, Regions, and ebay fees), pay off both 1st Premier and Indigo, keep 1st Premier and Belk good for 90 days, close out Indigo and go secured for $500 (I'm thinking Wells Fargo because they have a good secured card), should I be able to get a unsecured college card from BofA?  They only turned me down because of the derogs a month ago. 

I really found out I made a mistake with 1st premier because of the outrageous fees and i'm really dying to close them out.  Who has ever heard of a credit card who charges you $7 to pay online when most credit cards I have dealt with don't charge anything (including Indigo) to pay online.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying and then re-applying

Sorry for the double post, but I don't think i'm reapplying to Wachovia (I had good experiences with them before) since it won't be too long before they merge to Wells Fargo. 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.