cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Navy Federal LOC increase and CashRewards card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Navy Federal LOC increase and CashRewards card!

I have had Navy Federal LOC (Navchek)  since May 2009.  It was at $2000 and it never occured to me to ask for an increase.  I would use it to pay a few bills and paid it off in full every month.  After reading a few posts on here about asking for increases every few months, I realized I was long overdue. I called them up and asked for an increase. The rep asked what I would like to increase it to.  I asked what the limit was. She said $15,000. I said, well, let's go for that then.  5 days and one verification phone call later and I got the message saying I was approved for the full increase to $15,000.  It was applied to my account within the same day as the notification.  

I figured, why not go for gold and applied for the Navy Federal CashRewards Visa on the 28th.  Just got the message that I was approved for $10,000 credit limit.  

For the past 3 years I have been stuck at a $3500 credit limit, which was the $2000 LOC and a $1500 Capital One card.  Within a week I was able to attain $23,000 more in credit, which will hopefully help raise my credit scores even more!  I feel really great right now.  

I also applied for a mortgage loan with Navy Federal.  Just faxed in all my paperwork and tax papers. Hoping for the best.  We already live in the house we want to buy so I really hope it works out well.  Seems like they are feeling generous.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Navy Federal LOC increase and CashRewards card!

Congrats love NFCU!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the CLI and approvals !!!   The CLIs should definately lower your utilization if you are carrying any balances.   And good luck with your Mortgage application, keep us posted on how it goes....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome limits! Smiley Tongue Do you happen to know how many HP they did?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

YAY I love these posts!

Keep us posted on Mortgage, you might have to post over on Mortgage Board but at least come back and post here to go check out new post!!!

I'm really interested in learning more information on the first time homebuyer and what has to be put down and pre-approval based on income and score.

Message 5 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

NFCU for president :lol:

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did 1 hard pull for the mortgage, and soft pulls for the LOC and credit card.  No income verification asked for LOC or credit card, but I sent in my tax return for the mortgage.  I will keep you updated!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.