cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are some Barclays cards easier to get than others?

tag
ptilda
Established Contributor

Are some Barclays cards easier to get than others?

Reading through the posts to see what people are getting approved for and wondering if there are some Barclays cards that are easier than others? Thoughts?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
ProV
Regular Contributor

Re: Are some Barclays cards easier to get than others?

I have a Barclays Wyndham Rewards card.. My score was TU664 at the time, so i'm assuming it is fairly easy to get but it is a co-branded card.

Message 2 of 19
eagle2013
Established Contributor

To be honest it seems like Barclays is giving away the Arrival + WEMC. Many reports, myself included, of approvals with lots of new accounts and inqs. Lower initial lines though. It maybe an option providing you meet the $3k minimum spend.

Message 3 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

The Rewards card is what I'd recommend to anyone with fair/average/badish credit.

Arrival wouldn't be a recommendation to everyone, but to someone with 720+ credit, obviously the higher the better the odds for a best terms approval.
Message 4 of 19
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

To be honest it seems like Barclays is giving away the Arrival + WEMC. Many reports, myself included, of approvals with lots of new accounts and inqs. Lower initial lines though. It maybe an option providing you meet the $3k minimum spend.

I was denied for the arrival+, because of many new accounts (11) were opened. There are 7 inqs on my TU.

Message 5 of 19
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
The Rewards card is what I'd recommend to anyone with fair/average/badish credit.

Arrival wouldn't be a recommendation to everyone, but to someone with 720+ credit, obviously the higher the better the odds for a best terms approval.

I was denied for the arrival+ with a TU FICO score 789. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 19
CardHunter
Established Contributor

I got approved for a Barclays rewards MC. with a myFico score of 622 / Barclay score of 611 with a credit line of $1,800 instant approved.. Yes, I feel VERY lucky. 

Message 7 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@DigitalArk wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

I was denied for the arrival+ with a TU FICO score 789. Smiley Sad

And your reason was the previous post. That statement lacked the obvious in that Barclays doesn't like new accounts nor a lot of inquiries on a report... Sorry, I'm sure you'll get it in the future, so long as you still want it.

Message 8 of 19
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@CardHunter wrote:

I got approved for a Barclays rewards MC. with a myFico score of 622 / Barclay score of 611 with a credit line of $1,800 instant approved.. Yes, I feel VERY lucky. 

APR? How long is the prom of 0%?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 19
CardHunter
Established Contributor

19.9% APR. and no 0% intro APR. on purchases or BT. other than that, it's a great card. lol...I do plan on PIF or keeping a very small balance because of the APR. but for someone with credit as bad as mine I am not complaining.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.