Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user and credit question

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Authorized user and credit question

@brbmake wrote:

I checked his on your suggestion and it is 733.  Any new thoughts? That's better, but not over 740.  I already added him to one of my cards, but that is not reflected yet.  Not the 13 year old one, but a different one that was below 30%

I'd suggest talking to a mortgage underwiter who can do a softpulls on both your credit reports and give his/her opinion to the best course of action to get the best mortgage rate (and your business). Generally, people don't add or close any new credit line at six months minimum (usually a year) before applying for a mortgage. As another poster has said, addind him as an AU isn't going to help because they are going to look at HIS accounts only. Personally, I'd call and get him removed as an AU before it reports. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, if you dont mind me asking, can you list the cards' limits and the balances? Just the ones that the balance.

Message 12 of 13
brbmake
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, if you dont mind me asking, can you list the cards' limits and the balances? Just the ones that the balance.

Sure! Cap 1 - 3800 CL, current is 2859, but just paid $1760 on it today, Cap 1 quicksilver 4000 CL, balance is 1100.  Cap 1 Platinum MC 8,000 CL - current is 3059, but paid $740 on it today, USAA platinum 7200 CL, balance is 1210. USAA is our joint card.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.