cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay PSA

Hex
Established Contributor

Auto pay PSA

I went to set up auto pay on my newest PenFed credit card and I noticed that the auto pays I had set up for my other 3 PenFed cards were gone. Not sure when this happened but it's a little disconcerting. Then I started checking some of my other accounts and noticed my Kohl's auto pay was gone as well. I always set these up as soon as I get a new card and I always select the option for no end date. I was thinking if I ever ended up in a coma or something I'd have time to recover without missing any payments. Now I'm not so sure. I'm going to review all my accounts now and periodically. I just thought I'd share my experience with you all in case you want to double check your accounts. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Auto pay PSA

Do you remember if you set up auto pay in app or online with PenFed?

I thought I found the same issue a few month's back, then had the auto pay - pay twice and discovered (at the time) app and web didn't show the other. Now I can't find auto pay in app, but had already corrected it to not double pull payments. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique

Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Score 10/2018: EQ:669, EX:686, TU:668
Score 11/17/2018: EQ:682, EX:681, TU:683
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
12/24/2018 -- EQ Beacon 5.0: 678, EX Fico II: 690, TU Fico Classic 04: 716

Goal Score: 740+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000

Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.

Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal:
August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 3
Hex
Established Contributor

Re: Auto pay PSA

@chiefone4u that's really odd.
I'm almost 100% sure I've only ever set them up online not with the app but I set some of them up a few years ago. When I look in the app and online now they all seem to match exactly. Since I only schedule the minimum amount due and I always pay in full anyway it won't matter if there are two scheduled per month because they should all get automatically canceled anyway. Unless I actually am in a coma. But with only the minimum amount due being paid I could go for months or years with double minimum payments so I guess I can live with that.
You can find autopay in the app by selecting make payment on the account and then selecting scheduled payments. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.