cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A CLI and New Card In My Offers Questions...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

B of A CLI and New Card In My Offers Questions...

I must be doing something right with B of A because I just hit the CLI button for an increase in December on my Cash Rewards VS (went from a SL of $5.5K to $11.5K) and it showed back up again recently....ALSO I have a couple of card offers with set APRs (Travel Rew, BBR, and BankAmericard). My questons are should I take both offers now or wait? Also if I took the CLI offer, is there a chance the card offer would dissappear even if my profile stayed the same of improved? Right now my TU is showing 711--the highest number it's ever been since starting my rebuild 3.5 years ago. But my EX is only at 679 right now so I'm thinking of holding off for a little while to see if it improves. It's kind of low right now b/c my Blispay card with 60% UTL started reporting on EX unexpecteidly a few mos. ago--but i"m slowly paying it down. ALSO-- Of the 3 cards being offered which would you recommend? I'm kinda leaning toward the BBR b/c I don't really travel very much to get good use from the TR. Any useful help of suggestions appreciated.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A CLI and New Card In My Offers Questions...

I wouldn't hit the button again yet. I hit it once, had a good cli. Hit it again 3 mos later, denied. It's still there. The link never left. I think yours will probably stick around a bit. I've still had the option to increase since November.

I've also had offers for their other cards, including the one I already have for a while. I don't think there is a need to rush it. I don't know much about the bbr, I think you have to let a balance report each month tho to get the reward. There are lower apr's available for no thrill credit cards like the bankamericard. It should tell you the apr on your offer. I had it for a long time, but my CU gave me better rate so got rid and got the rewards with boa instead. What type of card are you looking for right now?
Message 2 of 14
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Roodog26: Not reallyy looking for any card in particular--but was considering a second card from B of A since the pre-sel offer showed up--and the BBR seems to fit me a little more b/c I generally carry a balance on most of my "go-to" cards anyway, so this would be a good way for me to get a little extra out of it--considering it's a no fee (but a hgh APR) card. I originally wanted USAA to be one of my my main banks--but after many wasted HPs trying to get CLIs from them on the one card I have, I've pretty much soured on them. Thinking of giving B of A a chance in that circle instead.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

A few things from my BOA experience:

I opened a BankAmericard in November (credit analyst talked me into it while we were lowering the APR on my Travel Rewards VS).  SL was $12,000.  The CLI button appeared on that card on Feb 28th, I asked for $25,000 and they gave me $21,600.  Util on that card was about 82% with a BT.  So I don't think BOA worries too much about length of time if your profile supports the CLI.  BOA pulled TU for me on this and on my Dec. 31 Travel Rewards CLI (doubled $8,100 to $16,200, but last CLI was an auto $3k in March 2016).

I am not sure if getting the CLI first will remove prequalified cards, but I can say for sure that opening that new card with them removed the solid APR offers for me and those are now big ranges.  BankAmericard is best if you're just looking for the lowest APR offered by BOA (a CU will likely be significantly lower still) or a long-term balance transfer.  TR and your CR are going to be the highest APR of their non co-branded prime cards.  BBR sits in the middle and as stated already, I think you actually need to have a balance to get the rewards (which are multiplied if you have a BOA checking, for example).

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the CLI button for BOA I've looked but can't find it.
Message 5 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you are looking for a low APR to carry a balance, look for a CU card. None of BOA's offerings are going to be as low. You don't have to app for a card just because you are prequalified. If none of them meet your needs, skip it.

Travel Rewards/Cash Rewards have the higher APRs, the "plain" Bank Americard is the lowest (but still not that low, even in the best case) and the BBR is kind of in between.

Message 6 of 14
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

If you are looking for a low APR to carry a balance, look for a CU card. None of BOA's offerings are going to be as low. You don't have to app for a card just because you are prequalified. If none of them meet your needs, skip it.

Travel Rewards/Cash Rewards have the higher APRs, the "plain" Bank Americard is the lowest (but still not that low, even in the best case) and the BBR is kind of in between.

I know I don't have to app for every pre-qual offer I get--and I have had and still get quite a few, but BBR is one I was considering long before the offer showed up. I just wanted to have my Cash Rewards long enough for them to get used to my usage/payment history first. Also the fact they're offering it to me first instead makes me believe now may be the best time--but the offer ends on March 24 so I'll probably wait until the 23rd after my next statement cuts and I've made another payment towrards my $1K balance on my CR card. And I think I've read something on the forums about B of A lowering APRs occasionally...? Believe me kdm31091--when it comes to HPs and AAOA--I don't go into the app process nowadays willy-nilly Smiley Wink

BUSINESS
Message 7 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Where is the CLI button for BOA I've looked but can't find it.

It only shows when they think you may be eligible.  Usually a clickable link above Information & Services to the left of Set Travel Notice for me.  Not showing on either of my cards right now since I've received very recent CLIs on both, otherwise I would cap it for you.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found it and got my CL almost tripled!

It said approved but the new limit isn't showing up yet is that standard?
Message 9 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! You have to log out and back in. For me, it showed up on mobile almost immediately but took about an hour to show up on the website.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.