Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T CC have to input routing and account number everytime I make a payment

tag
MisterWives
Regular Contributor

BB&T CC have to input routing and account number everytime I make a payment

I got the BB&T Rewards Visa card and noticed when I went to make a payment with a non BB&T account it requires routing and account numbers which would be fine, but it doesn't save them at all so I have to keep going back to my checking account to get the numbers. This seems like a horrible annoying system that make me really not want to use the card if that's how this is going to be in order to make any payments. I have a BB&T branch very close to where I live and am wondering if I could just pay my balance there, but even then it feels like an ancient system when all my other credit cards save my banking information.

Is this how it is? Why is there no save feature to save a non BB&T banking account to my credit card are they just trying to force me into opening a checking account with them?

Wants: PenFed Pathfinder Rewards(4x pts travel), PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (5pts Gas, 3pts Restaurants and Grocery), U.S. Bank Cash+ (5% Categories), Chase Freedom Flex (5% Rotating Categories, 5% Travel, 3% Restaurants)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BB&T CC have to input routing and account number everytime I make a payment

Wow, this is an awful system if there’s no save button. It’s so easy to make a mistake when continually entering numbers. Just triple check your numbers each time you input them. There’s nothing worse than a returned payment because you were 1 digit off.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances are you’re exactly right in that they hope it’ll make you open an account with them in order to make card payments easier. You could always use ACH payments from your bank instead - mine saves transfer info for ACH payments and yours may too. I can name them too - if I want to pay on my BCP, I just choose “BCP” on the list, enter the amount, and send.
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The price one pays for sp approvalsSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes It is a PITA.. Although heard you can call them from another poster and they can set it up to remember account.  Whether that is true, worth a phone call vs. the dumb system making you type it in everytime.  Best of luck

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, this is how BB&T is set up. So, your options are to open a checking account or push payments from your FI if you want to avoid the repetitive input instances.

Alternatively, once everything is integrated with the upcoming SunTrust merger, then that can provide a better solution, but it'll be a minute before all of that happens.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual payments from external accounts = YES

Autopay from external accounts = SAVED

If you wan them to save the info on manual payments you can contact them to add it from their side.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.