Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA A JOKE

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA A JOKE

My BBVA credit card payment was reversed. In looking into it, I saw my Alliant checking account number was wrong. It seems the BBVA web site only accepts up to 12 digits for account number, even though a simple google search for checking account number length explains that accounts can be any length, and there are some up to 17 digits long. I believe NASA FCU has an extremely long account number as well.

I tried an online chat, and lo and behold it terminated after half a minute asking me to check my network connection. Bah, my network connection is just fine. So I tried to click the link for email support, and that kept re-directing to telephone support... so I went to my internal bbva mail icon, and from there sent them a question about this.

In the meantime, I'm just going to pay from another bank that uses smaller checking account numbers. I just don't trust BBVA, even though the payment isn't due for another 16 days. If BBVA corrects this in the next week, then that will be useful for future payments. But I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on my BBVA account for a few months...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA A JOKE

@Themanwhocan wrote:

My BBVA credit card payment was reversed. In looking into it, I saw my Alliant checking account number was wrong. It seems the BBVA web site only accepts up to 12 digits for account number, even though a simple google search for checking account number length explains that accounts can be any length, and there are some up to 17 digits long. I believe NASA FCU has an extremely long account number as well.

I tried an online chat, and lo and behold it terminated after half a minute asking me to check my network connection. Bah, my network connection is just fine. So I tried to click the link for email support, and that kept re-directing to telephone support... so I went to my internal bbva mail icon, and from there sent them a question about this.

In the meantime, I'm just going to pay from another bank that uses smaller checking account numbers. I just don't trust BBVA, even though the payment isn't due for another 16 days. If BBVA corrects this in the next week, then that will be useful for future payments. But I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on my BBVA account for a few months...

See? You are learning how BBVA wants you to behave. "There, that's a good customer. Change your checking account for us. (BBVA CSR pats you on the head) "

Smiley Tongue

Like I've said all along, BBVA is not on my radar.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.