Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP AF

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: BCP AF

@GaTech wrote:

But inferior to the uncapped cards 5x TYP which is what I have, and the Blue Cash, which is what I am getting.

TY points aren't that valuable as cVCash back.

and the old Blue Cash card will NEVER yield 5% since you have to spend at least $6,500 in the special categories (yielding only 1% or .5%).

therefore the BCP is still a superior card. For the thrift spenders and the heavy ones. 

Not sure why I am bothering to argue, but just No!   The possibility of manufactured spend on the drug store or supermarket component far outweighs the BCP.  I've been making $800+ a month profit on the Citi card, just doesn't compare with the BCP.

And even for my normal "real" supermarket spend, since i can get the needed certificates at 5% off at Amazon with my Sallie Mae, the BCP still has a negative value.

Message 11 of 13
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Hi, looking for info on Amex policies.  I have a BCP, with another AF due in Feb, and I want to downgrade (because of my new shiny Blue Cash) to BCE.  I assume I can do this once the AF hits and get the AF refunded, but wanted to check.

This is straight from the horses mouth.

You must cancel or PC within 30 days after the AF posts to get the annual fee refunded. This was a few years ago, so you may want to call them.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Hi, looking for info on Amex policies.  I have a BCP, with another AF due in Feb, and I want to downgrade (because of my new shiny Blue Cash) to BCE.  I assume I can do this once the AF hits and get the AF refunded, but wanted to check.

This is straight from the horses mouth.

You must cancel or PC within 30 days of the AF posts to get the annual fee refunded. This was a few years ago, so you may want to call them.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.