BOA Secured

tag
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Secured

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxdoc wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

I have heard people waiting 13-14 months for BoA to unsecure. Otherwise taking a HP for a CLI will force an unsecuring for you.

+1 If you were 100% secured, count 12 months from your second statement. I would not risk a HP until you are 13-14 months past your second statement. No need to wait in INQ on a process they may have been automatic.

Many people have reported getting their BoA secured card unsecured before the norm of 12 statement cycles. 

In fact, it seems to be the majority of them do. To assume those with the secured card have to wait 12 months to unsecure isn't correct. 

OP's original response states, the card has been secured for a year. So, I suppose I did assume that BoA had made a determination to not unsecure prior to 12 months considering OP's card is STILL secured. In this situation, other's success of un-securing earlier did not appear to align with OP's circumstance. My reply was never intended, or should have been intended as a iron clad one-size fits all explanation. So, my reply along with the poster I originally quoted is suggesting to OP to be patient for an additional 1-2 months before going for the HP approach.
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 11 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@taxdoc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxdoc wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

I have heard people waiting 13-14 months for BoA to unsecure. Otherwise taking a HP for a CLI will force an unsecuring for you.

+1 If you were 100% secured, count 12 months from your second statement. I would not risk a HP until you are 13-14 months past your second statement. No need to wait in INQ on a process they may have been automatic.

Many people have reported getting their BoA secured card unsecured before the norm of 12 statement cycles. 

In fact, it seems to be the majority of them do. To assume those with the secured card have to wait 12 months to unsecure isn't correct. 

OP's original response states, the card has been secured for a year. So, I suppose I did assume that BoA had made a determination to not unsecure prior to 12 months considering OP's card is STILL secured. In this situation, other's success of un-securing earlier did not appear to align with OP's circumstance. My reply was never intended, or should have been intended as a iron clad one-size fits all explanation. So, my reply along with the poster I originally quoted is suggesting to OP to be patient for an additional 1-2 months before going for the HP approach.

Waiting a few months for the 13-14 month timeline isnt bad.. but it seems to be overlooked the op has two baddies on TU and this is causing the issue..

Perhaps if we knew a bit more details about these "minor baddies" and also if the op took a stroll in rebuilding forums... they could be addressed... BOA is generally a bit fickle on baddies reporting....and this will prevent the OP from graduating...

Message 12 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
You could take a hp and get it unsecured. I did that at the 6 months mark. Or you could wait it out till they auto unsecure you. Really surprised they haven't already. Do you have baddies on TU?

Another quote:

They have an option on the website to increase the credit limit but it wants me to deposit more funds which I'm not doing. Do you think I should just apply for a new card?  And I do have 2 small collections on TU.

Message 13 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

And that's the issue... Makes sense now. OP have you tried to pfd those collections?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.