Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA security question..?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

BOA security question..?

BOA put my debit card on fraud alert so I had to call..I cant believe the security question they asked..

he asked for my drivers license number..

I practically told him off but gave it anyway to reactivate the card..anyone ever get that question before?

I feel like calling and complaining

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA security question..?

Have had it before, and actually it's a pretty good question unless you lost your wallet and presumably they asked whether the card was in your possession or not.

It's an easily verifyable piece of information which the fraudulent user likely wouldn't have, no different than a lender's asking you for a portion of your SSN which is another common occurrence.

        
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lionsfan20 wrote:

BOA put my debit card on fraud alert so I had to call..I cant believe the security question they asked..

he asked for my drivers license number..

I practically told him off but gave it anyway to reactivate the card..anyone ever get that question before?

I feel like calling and complaining

They ask a security question to prevent fraud and identify who you really are (versus a fraudster who could have intercepted your Debit Card) and you complaint?

In an age of rampant fradulent activity, better safe than sorry.  Yes, your DL is part of your banking profile and falls within the Patriot Act to verify who you are!  This is part of the signature card verification on file when you established the bank account.

The bank simply took the extra step to make sure your identity could be cofirmed, that's all.  Don't see what the big issue is here.

Message 3 of 4
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

WOW, I would actually be happy they ask such a question.  I would have probably thanked them on the phone after I provided the number..just me.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.