Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating Date is Incorrect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdating Date is Incorrect

I am pleased to tell you that my Amex Zinc card arrived today and, I set up my account online only to find that, yes, its backdated online, but, it says member since 1996 -- which is WRONG.  My backdating goes back much earlier than that!!!  I tried doing a search on here to find out what number I call to have this corrected but, I'm not finding anything.  Do I just call the number on the back of the card?  Or, is there a better number to call? 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdating Date is Incorrect

It maybe wrong, but to be honest, I would not complain about 16 years of backdating.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It maybe wrong, but to be honest, I would not complain about 16 years of backdating.

But, its supposed to say 1981 Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But, its supposed to say 1981 Smiley Indifferent

30 years is kinda a long-shot unless you have supporting documentation Smiley Happy  If I remember correctly, it's the standard CS number for Amex which needs to be called... I've never had that issue personally, but I remember a few incidents from 4-5 months ago on this forum and that was the route they went I believe.

        
Message 4 of 26
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I hate to say it but let the sleeping dogs lie. Five more years is nice but you'll kick yourself if it gets screwed up.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revelate wrote:

30 years is kinda a long-shot unless you have supporting documentation Smiley Happy  If I remember correctly, it's the standard CS number for Amex which needs to be called... I've never had that issue personally, but I remember a few incidents from 4-5 months ago on this forum and that was the route they went I believe.

I do have the supporting documentation and will be happy to photocopy it and send it in to them if necessary.  I didn't run a large law firm in Century City for over 30 years not to learn the importance of good recordkeeping! Smiley Wink

Okay, I'll try their main phone number and see what they say.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

annielorie wrote:

I hate to say it but let the sleeping dogs lie. Five more years is nice but you'll kick yourself if it gets screwed up.

Its not just 5 more years, its fifteen (15) more years. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Call them, now.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 26
android01
Valued Contributor

I'd be interested in finding out what they say.  My Amex's were backdated to 1986, and I had no problems.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 9 of 26
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree that if you have the card # or other documentation that it's worth a call ~ let us know how it works out ! Good luck !
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.