cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer card with low interest and large limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance Transfer card with low interest and large limits?

I am looking to pay down my credit card debt ($20k) as quickly as possible and am looking at balance transfer cards.  I'm looking at the Citi Simplicity card and the Discover IT Balance Transfer card.  I am wondering though, if I can reasonably expect either of them to provide me with a limit that is large enough to put all of my debt onto it.  Does anyone here have any experience getting larger limits with these cards?  Does it ever happen that card companies give limits that large for the purpose of balance transfers?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer card with low interest and large limits?

No, unless you have a super strong profile with high income and limits, the chance that Citi or Discover would give a 20k sl is very very slim.Citi is the more conservative lender imo . Discover has been known to give a little more if they know a bt will be done but 20k is just pushing the known crediverseSmiley Wink. Sorry. The only lender i can think of right now that one has a slight chance at a 20K sl would be Navy Fed and thats pushing it too if one doesnt have at least 3 months history.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.