Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer question

This might sound like a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer on the forums....

Can I transfer a balance from any account that I choose or do I have to have a BT offer from that card? For example I'm thinking about transferring the balance on my CSR (recently lost my job) to possibly a Citi DP if I decide to take the prequal offer from Citi. Can I just initiate the transfer or do I have to be eligible or something from my CSR account. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer question

@Anonymous wrote:

This might sound like a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer on the forums....

Can I transfer a balance from any account that I choose or do I have to have a BT offer from that card? For example I'm thinking about transferring the balance on my CSR (recently lost my job) to possibly a Citi DP if I decide to take the prequal offer from Citi. Can I just initiate the transfer or do I have to be eligible or something from my CSR account. Thanks in advance.

You dont need anything on the CSR.  Only offer you need to worry about would be on the Citi card.  Chase will just see it as an electronic payment.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Irish. Is there a way to ensure a BT offer on a card like the Citi DP before applying. For instance, if I apply and am approved, I'm not guaranteed to be able to transfer anything to that card ?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can transfer a balance on most non store cards at anytime. If you have the credit limit available with the fee included. 

Now most wouldn't do it if it wasn't 0 percent. My Sallie Mae I can always transfer a balance but it might be at 25.99%. Lol gotta check promotions and stuff. 

Check the terms and conditions before you apply. Keep in mind with no income from a job it might be hard to apply and get approved if you are honest on your application...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks chevy. Pretty sure the Citi DP is 3% fee for balance transfers. Also I am now employed again, just was out of work for 3 months hence the balance I'd like to transfer.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to add to the topic at hand, just wanted to say that I'm glad you have another job ☺️

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks justagirl ☺️ I really appreciate that. I really don't want to open another account. But just trying to cover all my bases and see what my best options are.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.