Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Gift Card Toward Bonus Requirement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Gift Card Toward Bonus Requirement

Does anyone know if you can buy a gift card using a Bank of America credit card to meet the spending requirements for a sign-up bonus? Thank you in-advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Gift Card Toward Bonus Requirement

These types of questions are against forum rules. This deals with MS as a topic. 

FT is a much more appropriate place for these types of questions. You will find the answers you are looking for and obtain much more knowledge than what is allowed to be discussed on this forum. 

but yes you can. 

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Bank of America Gift Card Toward Bonus Requirement

@Shadowfactor wrote:

These types of questions are against forum rules. This deals with MS as a topic. 

FT is a much more appropriate place for these types of questions. You will find the answers you are looking for and obtain much more knowledge than what is allowed to be discussed on this forum. 

but yes you can. 

Well, while we are not discussing it!  Generally most banks will tolerate a small amount, in many cases because they don't detect it. Too much and they will!  I wouldn't necessarily recommend meeting say a $4K min spend with one $4K gift card purchase, but say $2000 over two months should be fine.   Show them that you also buy other things!  The RAT like concern for any issuer is that you are going to do this a lot over an extended period and you need to show that this is not the goal

(Some cards merit special caution: I won't buy gift cards at all on the US Bank Altitude Reserve because they really don't like it and I value the card too much)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.