Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankamericard Recovering Platinum Plus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankamericard Recovering Platinum Plus?

I'm gardening now, but does anyone know anything about this card?  BoA is my primary bank and I kept trying to pre-qual on their site and it was always the obvious "we recommend" which was basically a blind app, not a preapproval.  Then about a week ago, I received a mailer with a more specific offer and I definitely never saw this on the website.  I guess it's similar to the idea of the CAP1 Platinum?   The offer specifically says "let us help you rebuild your credit" but it's not a secured card.  When I went to the app website, it had similar verbiage.  I don't need it because I've been approved for cards with similar SLs (the offer said up to $5000 SL) and rewards/cash back (no rewards on this card) and better APRs that aren't rebuilder cards, but I was surprised to see it from BoA since I'd only heard of their secured card and I know some people in my life who might be interested in getting a foot in the door with BoA on the credit side of things. Is this some hidden card they only offer to existing customers?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankamericard Recovering Platinum Plus?

BofA recently discontinued a card called Better Balance Rewards. Once that card became unavailable, they essentially replaced it and the existing BankAmericard with an updated BankAmericard product. It would appear that it is their catch all card in that it can be a student card, a starter card and a Chase Slate-like balance transfer card (this was the biggest change to the existing BankAmericard-they are now offering $0 balance transfer fees within the first 60 days similar to Chase Slate). 

BofA can be weird about what they call their cards. Platinum Plus just means that it is not a Visa Signature or World/World Elite MasterCard. This is just their basic, no frills credit card (the way most credit cards were up until about 10 years ago). 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankamericard Recovering Platinum Plus?

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA recently discontinued a card called Better Balance Rewards. Once that card became unavailable, they essentially replaced it and the existing BankAmericard with an updated BankAmericard product. It would appear that it is their catch all card in that it can be a student card, a starter card and a Chase Slate-like balance transfer card (this was the biggest change to the existing BankAmericard-they are now offering $0 balance transfer fees within the first 60 days similar to Chase Slate). 

BofA can be weird about what they call their cards. Platinum Plus just means that it is not a Visa Signature or World/World Elite MasterCard. This is just their basic, no frills credit card (the way most credit cards were up until about 10 years ago). 

Ah that makes sense.  Thanks for the insight.  Never paid any attention to their cards beyond the rewards cards they always put up front when you try to pre-qual.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.