Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Bonus Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Bonus Question

Does this mean one bonus per customer for life or one bonus per customer per different card?

"Bonus Miles

• 40,000 bonus miles are earned if you use your new Credit Card Account for $3,000 in Net Purchases within ninety (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened. If you make an eligible retail purchase transaction, you will also receive your two (2) miles for each one dollar ($1.00) of all Net Purchases made using your Card. This onetime 40,000 miles bonus offer is valid for first-time Cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing Cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice."

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Bone35
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay Bonus Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean one bonus per customer for life or one bonus per customer per different card?

"Bonus Miles

• 40,000 bonus miles are earned if you use your new Credit Card Account for $3,000 in Net Purchases within ninety (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened. If you make an eligible retail purchase transaction, you will also receive your two (2) miles for each one dollar ($1.00) of all Net Purchases made using your Card. This onetime 40,000 miles bonus offer is valid for first-time Cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing Cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice."

One Arrival plus bonus per customer....You can still receive other bonuses offered from other barclay cards as long as you have never received them before.

They're not like Chase where you can close and reopen 2 years later and receive bonus again....Think of them like AMEX in regards to  signup bonuses.

If I missed something...someone will chime in Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I received a bonus from a Cashforward card I won't get a bonus for Arrival+?

Message 3 of 7
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So if I received a bonus from a Cashforward card I won't get a bonus for Arrival+?

Yes you will...as long as its the FIRST time you ever received a bonus for the Arrival plus...You cant receive another Cashforward bonus now that you have already earned one.

Its just 1 bonus per card... Not 1 bonus in total across all cards... Hope that makes senseSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, sounds good.  Thanks man.  Had to make sure they weren't trying to be sneaky in the writing. That works for me. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sometimes the writing can be confusing. Never hurts to check just in case.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully the offer is still available in a couple months. I want to wait a bit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.