Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Reward initial CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Reward initial CL

Got a pre-approval advertising 0% for 24 months.  I have a big purchase planned and this would be great to pay over a few months.

I was just wondering what kind of CL people were getting with this card?  I've never had a barclay account, so I'm not familiar with their credit approvals

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Reward initial CL

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a pre-approval advertising 0% for 24 months.  I have a big purchase planned and this would be great to pay over a few months.

I was just wondering what kind of CL people were getting with this card?  I've never had a barclay account, so I'm not familiar with their credit approvals

Nice offer. Are you sure the 24mos isn't just for BT's though?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

24 months on new purchases, and  BT's, but the BT has to be posted within 45 days of account opening

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

24 months on new purchases, and  BT's, but the BT has to be posted within 45 days of account opening

I assume your after promo is 14.99. I figure you'll get between $5,000 and $10,000.

Message 4 of 21
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

So THAT'S what happened to barclay's pre approval link (guess it's less work for csr's and recons). Now they buy the bucket of pre approvals.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I assume your after promo is 14.99. I figure you'll get between $5,000 and $10,000.

Seems to really vary, some people get the lowest limit  on Barclays (three years ago I got 4.7K on my Rewards.  After closing that, last year I got $5K on Sallie Mae, less than 1/2 of my next lowest limit)  But others get good limits.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. That's a great deal!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards MC is a World MC and the initial CL must be at least $5k. Zero APR seems to be quite common for them on purchases as well as BT. Be prepared to receive a LOT of mail from them pushing you to take the BT. They'll send you checks like once a month. However, 24 mos seems quite a lot. I've only seen 15-18 mos so far...
Message 8 of 21
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Um, in the list of cards for barclay's, the rewards card changed from average to good credit in the listing, but it's not automatically a WMC. And many start with much lower balances (however, the Sallie Mae IS automatically a WMC, with starting limits around 1500, and the arrival + too, we've seen starting limits from 600 for that one).

YMMV very much with this card.
Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclay Rewards MC is a World MC and the initial CL must be at least $5k. Zero APR seems to be quite common for them on purchases as well as BT. Be prepared to receive a LOT of mail from them pushing you to take the BT. They'll send you checks like once a month. However, 24 mos seems quite a lot. I've only seen 15-18 mos so far...

No. It's not. World in name only. As most don't pay  attention to visa signatures or world any more. For a fact my brother has 2600 limit on his rewards mc. Started at 1300. So who knows. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.