Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay sp cli and pc question

tag
sultan33g
Contributor

Barclay sp cli and pc question

so I called in to barclay asking to see if they would reduce my apr on my rewards card since well I was just trying to check and see if I had any new offers for sp cli's. There was but there was also an offer to pc to the arrival card. I got the cli of 1k but I said no to the arrival pc.

I honestly wasn't sure what to do and the man said the offer is still available. I wouldn't get any bonus points and the 2 pts for utilities and gas to me is a better option for now but I am not sure if I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sultan33g
Contributor

Re: Barclay sp cli and pc question

Was this a dumb question?

If it were you would you pc to arrival or just wait 6 months until a sallie Mae approval, close the account and move the credit line?

Message 2 of 12
noobody
Established Contributor

why would you need a crazy credit line on a capped card? 3k is more than enough for anybody for a SM
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is the TL?
Message 4 of 12
sultan33g
Contributor

The tradeline is young and I don't "need" anything. It's just a simple question of whether a pc is worthwhile with the arrival. which I'm gathering is a stupid question. 

Sorry  for asking. 

Message 5 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@sultan33g wrote:

The tradeline is young and I don't "need" anything. It's just a simple question of whether a pc is worthwhile with the arrival. which I'm gathering is a stupid question. 

Sorry  for asking. 

There are no stupid questions here.  Ask anything, really. I don't follow the cc section often so i don't know your answer but someone will be by that can answer your question.

Message 6 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@sultan33g wrote:

so I called in to barclay asking to see if they would reduce my apr on my rewards card since well I was just trying to check and see if I had any new offers for sp cli's. There was but there was also an offer to pc to the arrival card. I got the cli of 1k but I said no to the arrival pc.

I honestly wasn't sure what to do and the man said the offer is still available. I wouldn't get any bonus points and the 2 pts for utilities and gas to me is a better option for now but I am not sure if I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

It is very important that you ask yourself if a card is right for you. And it looks you just did that - compliments!  IMO it does not make sense to accept the Arrival if the Rewards suits you better. I would have done the same. And if you are interested in Sallie Mae later on you can still apply for that card in a few months. Never apply for a card just because you see a hype here and everybody gets crazy apping... the card has to fit your spending and needs.  Smiley Happy

and as already mentioned ..there are no dumb questions here ! Keep asking.

Message 7 of 12
biglista88
Regular Contributor

I just opened a Barclay's Carnival world MC 1 month ago and was wondering exactly how old your account is? I'd love to product change to the arrival, so I'm just trying to get an estimated timeline on how long I should wait before requesting, thanks.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 8 of 12
sultan33g
Contributor

It's only about 2 and a half months old however my Transunion fico is 778 so I am sure that my score might make a little difference.

No harm in calling asking for an apr decrease and then when they transfer you to see what other offers you have on your account.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 12
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Sounds good. I think up hold off a couple months, my EX is 692 Fico right now with a clean report, I'm also expecting a nice jump into the 700's very soon when my CR updates my balances. Currently reporting 12% UTI when in reality It's 1%. I've also paid down a personal loan I took out last month for 1k. The balance is 600$ lol. So I'll give Barclay's a few months to get used to me before I ask.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.