Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard PC?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Barclaycard PC?

Hey guys/gals, so I have had the Barclaycard Rewards for over a year now. I was wondering if there was any chance of them product changing the card from the rewards card to the Wyndham Rewards or Wyndham Rewards Visa Signature? Now that have better cards, I can't say I really know what to do with it.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclaycard PC?

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Hey guys/gals, so I have had the Barclaycard Rewards for over a year now. I was wondering if there was any chance of them product changing the card from the rewards card to the Wyndham Rewards or Wyndham Rewards Visa Signature? Now that have better cards, I can't say I really know what to do with it.

I think you'll have to submit an application for it if you want it. Then after you get it you can shift your Rewards card credit line to the Wyndham. But I'm pretty sure they'll insist on the application.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 9
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I think you'll have to submit an application for it if you want it. Then after you get it you can shift your Rewards card credit line to the Wyndham. But I'm pretty sure they'll insist on the application.

Thank you! That kind of sucks. Is there anything else I can do with it? I just don't really want another inquiry.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 3 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Thank you! That kind of sucks. Is there anything else I can do with it? I just don't really want another inquiry.

I don't think Barclays just lets you call up and PC a card to another card. But you might as well call a credit analyst there and find out for sure. 

I have a lot of other cards, but I keep on using my Rewards card for purchases, especially groceries and utilities. Also I recently learned that it treats my purchases at chain drug stores as groceries.

Message 4 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I don't think Barclays just lets you call up and PC a card to another card. But you might as well call a credit analyst there and find out for sure. 

I have a lot of other cards, but I keep on using my Rewards card for purchases, especially groceries and utilities. Also I recently learned that it treats my purchases at chain drug stores as groceries.

Yes, but the Rewards is just 2x on some categories, whereas some cards give 2% on all purchases.

In any event, Barclay is very limited with PCs. The only PCs I've seen are a few cards going to a Rewards. Going from Rewards to Wyndham isn't going to happen, OP, you'll have to apply. Once you apply you potentially can move the credit limit though.

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Yes, but the Rewards is just 2x on some categories, whereas some cards give 2% on all purchases.

In any event, Barclay is very limited with PCs. The only PCs I've seen are a few cards going to a Rewards. Going from Rewards to Wyndham isn't going to happen, OP, you'll have to apply. Once you apply you potentially can move the credit limit though.

1. Those cards don't have a $10 redemption threshold and give you the points immediately, as Barclay Rewards does.

2. If you're paying for gas, groceries, utilities, or drug store purchases it doesn't matter if other cards offer 2% on other purchases.

3. We're talking about a card he already has.

I'm just saying it's a useful card, not that it's everybody's answer to everything.

Message 6 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

Kdm is right.

Rewards is their lower tier card, you can PC cobrand card to it with effect, NOT the other way around.

You can always apply the card you want and move credit line over, they are pretty good in this regards.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 9
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Thank you guys for all of the responses. I think that I'll just keep the rewards for now. I'm just avoiding any inquiries as I'm working towards a mortgage in the spring. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
Kdm is right.

Rewards is their lower tier card, you can PC cobrand card to it with effect, NOT the other way around.

You can always apply the card you want and move credit line over, they are pretty good in this regards.

They should just allow you to PC the card to the one you want like any other reputable lender out there. 

However, I did mention reputable, so I'll just leave it at that. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.