cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays 2 applications same day, anyone?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays 2 applications same day, anyone?

@mikey78 wrote:

YOu can always call and ask and see if they are willing to use the same report for 2nd Card
the worst you can expect them to say is what my wife will say to me if i ask her if we can remarried would you do it again? and the answer will probably be NO
Lol Smiley Very Happy

No, they will not use the same HP.  The only instance (and in rare ocassions) they may use the same HP is during a re-review for a CLI in the event you may have been initially approved for a lower CL and you meet the elegibility to have a higher CL (i.e. approved for $5K but need wiggle room to $8K).

Message 21 of 28
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@mikey78 wrote:

YOu can always call and ask and see if they are willing to use the same report for 2nd Card
the worst you can expect them to say is what my wife will say to me if i ask her if we can remarried would you do it again? and the answer will probably be NO
Lol Smiley Very Happy

No, they will not use the same HP.  The only instance (and in rare ocassions) they cold use the same HP is during a re-review for a CLI in the event you may have been initially approved for a lower CL and you meet the elegibility to have a higher CL (i.e. approved for $5K but need wiggle room to $8K).

+1

They don't use the same HP for anything.  Smiley Sad   A good rule of thumb is to always anticipate a HP for everything and you will never be disappointed.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 22 of 28
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

OK, I don't think i'll be planning on asking for any CLI on any of my cards
maybe discover to knock me over the 10k CL but only if it'll be SP

and not going to be doing any HP this year for sure from finding new apartment credit checks and apping to replace my old cards with AF's
I have somewhere between 4 to 8 depending on which CR i look

but good to know thanks Smiley Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 23 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

So I am going on a little app spree here in a few days, and one of the cards on my list is old Sallie Mae....I was also thinking about getting the CSP. But I am on the fence with CSP because of the AF. I don't really travel all that much---maybe three times per year. I went out to get yesterday's mail and I got pre-selected for an Arrival World MC with no AF. This card seems like the better option for my travel purposes. Now I am thinking about apping for Sallie, then using the invitation number to app for this arrival WMC. My TU is sitting at 732, and I have a paid in full $65 collection that just turned 5 years old and no other baddies. I have 2 inqs in the last year and both are from 8 months ago. My AAoA for TU is at 5 years. My util is < 9%. What do you guys think?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 24 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

I think its hard to app for 2 accounts in a row with Barclays. Its hard to even get approved for a 2nd account if the first account is opened for less than 6 months.

Secondly, if Barclays is to later realized you opened multiple other accounts on top of trying to open, or opening, several accounts with them, there's a high risk of AA. From a underwriting perspective, Barclays is a lot more conservative and/or stringent.

If you don't mind opening accounts and closing them later, I would recommend the CSP. The sign up bonus is nice, and its a great card. It's sometimes hard for anyone to tell if the card is right for you until you try it out yourself. Since the first year AF is waived, I say you should give it a test run. Worst case scenario you cancel it and still walk away with 40k UR.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

As usual, that is good wisdom Enharnu. I think that I might just wait on a travel card. I have the delta gold--with almost 40k miles. I am going to open a few new accounts in this spree (maybe 4). I will just get Sallie and let the dust settle for a few months with barclays..... Good insight bro.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 26 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

If you have to choose between 1 Barclays card, I would recommend the arrival. If you can redeem for travel credits, $400 bonus is a lot better than any 5% card in the short term, since it requires 8k in spending to get 400 in rewards and the sallie Mae card has caps imposed as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
If you have to choose between 1 Barclays card, I would recommend the arrival. If you can redeem for travel credits, $400 bonus is a lot better than any 5% card in the short term, since it requires 8k in spending to get 400 in rewards and the sallie Mae card has caps imposed as well.

@Anonymous's good thinking. I just need a 5% gas card since I use two tanks per week of gas @ 65 bucks each. This is where the cash+ would be helpful.... 

My Wallet:
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.