Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Purchase Protection Card

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Best Purchase Protection Card

Which the best purchase Protection Card in market?

Example - Below is Palladium Protection

magine buying a new laptop and then accidentally dropping it the next day, shattering the screen.  No problem.  All of your purchases are protected up to $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year in the event that something you buy results in theft or damage within 90 days of purchase.

Not happy with a purchase and the merchant doesn't accept refunds?  Palladium card will reimburse up to $500 per item, $1000 per year, even if the merchant refuses to accept a return.  Most credit cards have this benefit.

If you buy something and find an advertisement for the same product at a lower cost, price protection will refund the difference up to $500 per item, and $1500 per year

Ticket protection will reimburse you up to $500 per ticket, $2000 per event, and $4000 a year if you purchase non refundable concert, theater, or sporting event tickets and you are unable to attend.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Best Purchase Protection Card

@newUser0 wrote:

Which the best purchase Protection Card in market?

Example - Below is Palladium Protection

magine buying a new laptop and then accidentally dropping it the next day, shattering the screen.  No problem.  All of your purchases are protected up to $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year in the event that something you buy results in theft or damage within 90 days of purchase.

Not happy with a purchase and the merchant doesn't accept refunds?  Palladium card will reimburse up to $500 per item, $1000 per year, even if the merchant refuses to accept a return.  Most credit cards have this benefit.

If you buy something and find an advertisement for the same product at a lower cost, price protection will refund the difference up to $500 per item, and $1500 per year

Ticket protection will reimburse you up to $500 per ticket, $2000 per event, and $4000 a year if you purchase non refundable concert, theater, or sporting event tickets and you are unable to attend.

JPMorgan cards, such as  Palladium, Ritz Carlton and Select, all have same levels of protection if I am not wrong. I don't know about the EASE of filing such claims however, but I doubt it will be too much of a hassle with JPM. 

Other than that Amex cards, excluding their prepaid, bluebird, serve and gift cards, also have good purchase protections. I am not sure if the coverage differs for each Amex product. Amex claims are usually the most "painless" experience though. 

Citi Prestige also has pretty good coverage, but there seems to be more exclusions and restrictions. Citi cards however do not cover loss. It covers only damages and theft. Amex and JPM cards however do cover customers if they lose the items.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
newUser0
Established Contributor

Is the select being discountined confirmed?

I can't get Palladium (Ready to pay AF)  and AF for Ritz in too much for me.

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Is the select being discountined confirmed?

I can't get Palladium (Ready to pay AF)  and AF for Ritz in too much for me.

If I am not wrong, Select is now available only to JPMorgan customers. Used to be available to CPC clients as well in the past.

Chase has tightened their policies on the Palladium. You will need to be at least CPC tier or higher to qualify for the Palladium. There are also changes planned for the Palladium that is coming "soon". The exact changes have not been announced yet. 

The cards with better service and perks tend to have higher AFs. All these programs cost the issuer money, and the AF helps offset part, if not most, of that cost.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.