Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card for Airbnb?

tag
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Best card for Airbnb?

I have a nice stash of UR points built up but I want to shift my stays over to Airbnb for the next year or so instead of hotels. What is the best card to use points for Airbnb stays? 

I am considering the Cap One Venture as that is the only one I know of that would be a travel eraser for Airbnb. I already have the CSP so I can't do the travel credit on the CSR. 

Are there any other cards beyond the Venture I should consider? And can I get the Venture again after having received the SUB for it in 2015?

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best card for Airbnb?

Hi,

I did the same thing for a year or so, but I found myself back at mid-range hotels because the AirBnBs were just not nearly as good, clean, quiet, or consistent with the two major chain hotels plus they were grossly overpriced, and in bad neighborhoods. But that's just my experience.

I am sure there are better options, but I use Citi Costco for 3% and Us Bank Altitude Reserve for 3% on travel.  Wells Fargo Propel (3x), USB Altitude Connect (4x) come to mind as other options.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 2 of 3
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best card for Airbnb?

The Bank of American Customized CashRewards will give you 3% on travel if you select that as your catergory. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.