cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best non-category cash back with no FTF?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Best non-category cash back with no FTF?

Ok if we're adding parameters I guess I would just say as few strings as possible. I don't want to have to change my deposit account or pay $5 to some organization or redeem through a brokerage account or anything silly like that. And I don't want to pay an annual fee. 

The obvious choice used to be PPMC. Applications and approvals were easy and it just returned no nonsense 2% cash back that's easy to redeem and no FTF. I'm just trying to figure out what's the easiest card to get and use for foreign purchases, whether online or while traveling.

My quicksilver is an easy 1.5% that I can redeem for statement credit in just a few days with no minimum. I had planned on getting a PPMC to be my foreign spend and fallback card but they screwed it up. Just trying to figure out if there's another card that fills the gap or if I need to just settle for what I have. 

Message 11 of 19
BlueSea
New Contributor

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueSea wrote:

Here's another 2% option:

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/personal-banking/bank/credit-cards/fifth-third-preferred-c...

I think it requires $100k on deposit at the bank for the 2% CC.

Message 13 of 19
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Honarable mention: Citizens Bank CashBack+ WMC

Indeed. While only 1.8%, it still has extended warranty, rental insurance, trip insurance, and cell phone protection along with no FX fee

Message 14 of 19
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BlueSea wrote:

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/personal-banking/bank/credit-cards/fifth-third-preferred-cash-back.html

I've inquired with a rep in the past, and this is true.

Message 15 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BlueSea wrote:

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/personal-banking/bank/credit-cards/fifth-third-preferred-cash-back.html

Was just about to post this lol.

I do a little banking with them, their cards are kinda meh.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16 of 19
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BlueSea wrote:

Was just about to post this lol.

I do a little banking with them, their cards are kinda meh.

5/3 is great if you live in a state where they have a (large) physical presence. If you don't, they're horrible. My 5/3 CC was not a good experience once I moved out of state (wouldn't process payment via the phone, no incentives, very very delayed snail mail issues). Closed it 2 years ago and am happy to have that monkey off my back.

SD - Biz -
Message 17 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Indeed. While only 1.8%, it still has extended warranty, rental insurance, trip insurance, and cell phone protection along with no FX fee

The only real caveats are that Citizens is a large regional bank without a national footprint and while they give decent starting limits they won't blow many people away with their generosity.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

The only real caveats are that Citizens is a large regional bank without a national footprint and while they give decent starting limits they won't blow many people away with their generosity.

Right, but they also have, from time to time, GREAT special offers.   I got this card when it was uncapped 5% on everything till a end date which was several months away from when I got the card.    More recently they had an offer  which, while less generous, was pretty good, You'll earn 10% cash back on up to $500 in monthly grocery store, restaurant and food delivery purchases made through May 5, 2021 (your account must be opened by Dec 31, 2020 to be eligible)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.