cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later CLI - Using Really Old Report?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Bill Me Later CLI - Using Really Old Report?

I try to increase my Bill Me Later limit when I can since its pretty harmless but I noticed on a denial letter recently they were using a credit report/score from July...its not September...does that seem like its not right or what?

Do they not actually soft your report right then and there or is that a denial they keep auto declining me from or what?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later CLI - Using Really Old Report?

You can ask cli on BML accounts? I did not know. They auto cli after 6 months from 601 to 1631.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 3
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later CLI - Using Really Old Report?

no you just try to make a purchase over your credit line...thats how they work. I've got a pretty low limit $1200~ so i like to try to put things on my Bill Me Later account before other cards if its enough to get a 0% financing deal, just to try to bump up that limit so i can eventually put real emergency things on it without it hurting my utilization too badly...

example...i just had two bubbling rear tires and cracked rim on my M3 that all happened suddenly...sounds crazy i know, but its true...that really was annoying to have to put on my Chase Freedom card and have to pay it off fast so it wont have too much of an effect on utilization that im trying to keep down so i can successfully app for a BCP.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.