Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Love button question

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

BoA Love button question

Checked my BoA this morning so I could pif and I have a "Request a CL Increase" now? I just asked them 2 mos ago (no love button) and they denied (and cost me an HP)...I called and they said they wont CLI if you have baddies. I had 3 at the time, one has fallen off, I cleared a collection 9/10 ...but I didn't think it had hit yet?  I just got a 32pt bump on TU to 699? But I thought they only did hard pulls, so how would they know things have changed?

I don't want to click it and get another HP (I have 5 this year)...do those love buttons usually mean no HP and 100% approved? The acct is 5 yr old and started out as a $500 secured, they auto bumped me in Nov 2015 to $1,000. Its a rewards Plus Platinum...

I also have a QS $2,750, SYNC $5300, and 2 new cards..BCE 2k and a CSP 5k,...neither have reported yet. I pif and util is 10%. A CLI would help that number drop...

Thanks for any advice..it sure is tempting to push

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Love button question

For me BoA has always been a hard pull. I have always used the CLI button. I had one baddie and over the course of about a year went from 1k to 2.5k to 5.4k to 10k. They will do CLIs with baddies.
Message 2 of 4
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Hmmmm, I wonder why they told me they wouldn't? To be clear, one baddie was a Utility co. I had closed and didn't realize it was there...It shows up as a late payment and is counted in my revolving credit list?? but maybe that what it is, the other one is a Collection agancy that falls off in November..

I paid the thing off and they sent me a "Deletion Letter" and sent it to all 3 cb's, but that was just on 9/10...maybe its already reported? If they decline me, maybe I can call and send them a copy of the letter?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA has always been a hard pull for me when asking for CLI's. I wish they wouldn't do that. So many other creditors do not. If I do decide to go for it I get as much out of the pull as possible such as CLI's on more than one card, if you have more or a lower APR. 

BofA likes to see a history before they do anything for their customers. I have been with them for a long time and at one time had my Chapter 13 showing. I didn't try for any CLI's then so don't know about the question you have.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.