Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA CLI?

I have had my BofA Accelerated AMEX for 3 cycles.  I have a 1k CL.  I have run about 7K through the card in 3 months.  Do I have a chance for CLI with them in todays market?  It is PIF and 0 CC debt showing on CR except for $5 on one card for Fico points.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA CLI?

Your card may be a tot too new for a CLI, but I say go for it.  BoA CLI requests are soft pulls, and BoA is still pretty generous even in today's climate.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

mogo wrote:
I have had my BofA Accelerated AMEX for 3 cycles.  I have a 1k CL.  I have run about 7K through the card in 3 months.  Do I have a chance for CLI with them in todays market?  It is PIF and 0 CC debt showing on CR except for $5 on one card for Fico points.

I think it wouldn't hurt to ask just once.

I was approved for $2500 and got a CLI to $7500 after only three weeks.  I had to speak with a credit analyst and answer a lot of questions, but it was quite painless.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went from 3.5K to 10K with my bofa visa (product change from student visa to visa signature world points) and 3K to 10K with my bofa master card with world points, and all this happened in the last 2 months.. Just call the backdoor number, be friendly and nice, explain your reason for asking for a CLI (mine was getting ready to get a mortgage next year and trying to increase my total CL) and I don't see any reason for a negative answer..

Message Edited by Togay on 07-31-2008 04:03 PM
Message 4 of 8
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had my BofA Accelerated AMEX for 3 cycles. I have a 1k CL. I have run about 7K through the card in 3 months. Do I have a chance for CLI with them in todays market? It is PIF and 0 CC debt showing on CR except for $5 on one card for Fico points.

I have been trying for 4 months to convert my WorldPoints Visa to the BoA Amex. Everytime I try the CSR tells me that the minimum CL on ANY BoA AMEX product is $5k.

Since my current CL is less than that, they will not convert to the BoA Accelerated AMEX.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with 2K, waited 3 months, ran a bunch of money through, and hit the button. Went up to 6000, which is what I asked for, after waiting 24 hours. YMMV.
Message 6 of 8
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

It is NOT true that the minimum CL on a BofA AMEX product is $5K. I think it is $1K or $1.5K - at least it was a few months ago when I got my BofA AMEX Rewards Card.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geordi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had my BofA Accelerated AMEX for 3 cycles. I have a 1k CL. I have run about 7K through the card in 3 months. Do I have a chance for CLI with them in todays market? It is PIF and 0 CC debt showing on CR except for $5 on one card for Fico points.

I have been trying for 4 months to convert my WorldPoints Visa to the BoA Amex. Everytime I try the CSR tells me that the minimum CL on ANY BoA AMEX product is $5k.

Since my current CL is less than that, they will not convert to the BoA Accelerated AMEX.

I need the name and number if the CSR you spoke with so she can "correct" the CLI on my BofA Accelerated Rewards AMEX cuz it is only $1000.  I need my minimum $5k Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.