Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA???

BofA closed my cc a year ago due to inactivity. I want to reopen it again. My question is....does reopening a close cc hurt your score or cause another inquiry for reopening??? I have no baddies. Clean record with BofA. thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA???

Jman wrote:
BofA closed my cc a year ago due to inactivity. I want to reopen it again. My question is....does reopening a close cc hurt your score or cause another inquiry for reopening??? I have no baddies. Clean record with BofA. thanks

Depends on the issuer.  I have had one open just for past payment history. If they will give you the complete history on the account, it may be worth it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

they wouldn't let me reopen mine. but it's probably because it was a secured card. i don't know. you can try. they did tell me that it has to be within 90 days of the date of cancellation to be qualified to reopen account. that's bull because i've heard people have reopened their accounts after two years. and no they won't recheck your credit.
Message 3 of 4
ficus
Regular Contributor

No kidding? Closed on account of inactivity? That's definitely something to know, because I once had Chase put (upon my own request) what they called a "Temporary Hold" on my CC (unsecured) for like 3 years. The account never got closed, and I didn't receive any statements during those 3 years. Once I had them lift the Hold, everything was back to normal. I wonder if what you're describing is practiced by certain banks or under certain circumstances only.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.