cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

I tried to pull just now and received the option to check my TU report for changes at the top, and the bottom portion where younormally have the option to update the entire report now states you may only pull every 30 days and gave my next update date which is Jan 10.

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
I updated TC this morning (~9am) and it pulled all 3 like normal.

Message 11 of 136
karbon86
Valued Member

Why did you suggest getting an AMEX?  Do they offer this service for free or a small fee?  I'm asking because I have an AMEX Blue Cash. 
Message 12 of 136
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Well I just called and cancelled my subscription also.  It seems like they have had quite a few people doing so.

On a side note, demand that they refund your entire month's payment.  I spoke with a rep and she was able to refund the entire amount.  She said she couldn't the first couple times but after I explained that I had paid for a full month and it's only the 18th, she agreed to refund the charges.

Keep in mind you won't get it if you don't ask.  Good luck.

Message 13 of 136
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called and cancelled my subscription which I think I may have done in haste. The rep did advise they changed the process because the bureaus only send updates once per month, and they will still send emails to notify of any intermittent changes as they currently do. Not sure if the new "change" to 30 days pulls is truly affecting the service they provide.

Can anyone get Chase ID or is only to specific Chase customers? I only have a checking/savings/debit account with them.

The credit bureaus update your report whenever your creditors send them an update - there could be a change every day, in theory.  Creditors tend to send updates to the bureaus once a month, but they don't all update on the same day.  If you want to see changes as they happen, which creditor, which details, you need to be able to see daily (or daily-ish), not just once a month.

Message 14 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled TrueCredit a while back, was always having issues with it. I have been using Chase ID Protection since September and while the first pulls took a while to get used to the new format, I like it better. I think it's a few bucks cheaper if I recall correctly.
Message 15 of 136
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@karbon86 wrote:
Why did you suggest getting an AMEX?  Do they offer this service for free or a small fee?  I'm asking because I have an AMEX Blue Cash. 

Check out creditsecure at Amex. or possibly IDprotect at Chase

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 136
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I called and canceled my TC. They gave me the same "They update once a month" bs. They also steadfastly refused to refund my money (they billed me a week ago).

I spoke to the nice reps at Amex and they were more than happy to provide an "instant" credit to my account. 

You gotta love purchase protection. 

Here we go again...
Message 17 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to get a chargeback on my last payment(3 days ago). "Services not as advertised"
Message 18 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ma_fico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Called and cancelled my subscription which I think I may have done in haste. The rep did advise they changed the process because the bureaus only send updates once per month, and they will still send emails to notify of any intermittent changes as they currently do. Not sure if the new "change" to 30 days pulls is truly affecting the service they provide.

Can anyone get Chase ID or is only to specific Chase customers? I only have a checking/savings/debit account with them.

The credit bureaus update your report whenever your creditors send them an update - there could be a change every day, in theory.  Creditors tend to send updates to the bureaus once a month, but they don't all update on the same day.  If you want to see changes as they happen, which creditor, which details, you need to be able to see daily (or daily-ish), not just once a month.

I understand they can send updates periodically. However, if TC is stating they will send emails for those additional changes, then I am not sure what the exact problem is with changing to 30 day pulls.

Message 19 of 136
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

The emails they are going to send are just the regular alerts like, new inquiry, new account etc.  I don't think most people used the service for that.  Most people including myself used the service because of the option to get a fresh 3 in 1 every 24 hours.  That option has gone away now so it's not worth it.
Message 20 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.