Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Credit One....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bye Bye Credit One....

I started my rebuilding process July 2014 after my BK Discharge. Credit One and Merrick Bank were my first 2 CCs after BK. Both of the banks help me to where I'm now today, so I dont have negative things to say to them. Lets say that I'm a happy customer. Smiley Wink

I closed Merrick Bank 3 months ago and finally I closed Credit One (has AF $8 something monthly). RIP Credit one!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye Credit One....

@Anonymous wrote:

I started my rebuilding process July 2014 after my BK Discharge. Credit One and Merrick Bank were my first 2 CCs after BK. Both of the banks help me to where I'm now today, so I dont have negative things to say to them. Lets say that I'm a happy customer. Smiley Wink

I closed Merrick Bank 3 months ago and finally I closed Credit One (has AF $8 something monthly). RIP Credit one!!!

Congratulation on the Credit One. I have 3 accounts but I'm still afraid to get rid of them and affect my AAoA.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Don't sounds so sad.Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 3 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's like a band-aid, just rip it off. The sooner, the better if you're already getting better cards.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It's like a band-aid, just rip it off. The sooner, the better if you're already getting better cards.

Agreed although contrary to some opinions I think these cards tarnish your reports as long as they show. 

Message 5 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

giphy.gif

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulation on the Credit One. I have 3 accounts but I'm still afraid to get rid of them and affect my AAoA.

Based on what I read here, closing an account, wont effect your AAoA, at least for now.

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hit the road Jack and dont you come back NO MORE NO MORE NO MORESmiley Happy

LOL gmoodSmiley Wink

Closing accounts wont affect your aaol, only utilization if you have balances.
Message 8 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Aloha and Congrats!!
Yeah those lenders are a necessary evil for us rebuilders that we just need to endure until the very 1st instant that we don’t have to!
T-Mobile says “un-carrier”... We say “unshackle”!!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 8y1m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the closure ! Just ensure you ignore their umpteen reminders and "we want you back", "Best gas card", "get cash back", etc etc snail mailers...which you'll probably get for another year Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.